Stochasticity Project - Grapefruit Slam IPA

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

SomeGuyBrewing
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: Stochasticity Project - Grapefruit Slam IPA

Post by SomeGuyBrewing »

So I finally had my bottle of this here Grapefruit Slam. Here are some quick notes from my perspective.

Appearance: Beautiful orange color. Nice amount of head

Smell: This smelled fantastic. Lots of Centennial, good amount of Grapefruit, and some other citrus notes mixed in as well.

Taste: First sip had lots of grapefruit up front followed by a somewhat harsh and dry bitterness. The grapefruit became more and more subtle the deeper into the glass I got. The initial hop bite subsided as well but still had harshness to it that I didn’t really care for.

Overall: It was an interesting, ok IPA. I’m glad I drank it but I wouldn’t buy it again. For the price there are MUCH better IPAs/IIPAs out there.
“Good things happen to those who hustle.” - Chuck Noll
See what SomeGuy is brewing
Drinking:
Drago - FES
Fool's Gold Pale Ale
Maple Apple Cider
Wheats The Deal With Hops?
The Blonde One

Bottled/Kegged/Conditioning:

Fermenting:
Honey Crisp IPA

On Deck:
Golden Stout, Recipe inspired by Aztec Brewery

Competitions:
The Blonde One - Silver Medal - Thirsty Classic 2016

Never Forget
Amber Alert, Drunkin Pumpkin 2013, Tryin' To Get A Nut - Brown Ale, Wheat You Talkin' Bout Willis?, Good Twin, Blacker the Berry the Sweeter the Porter, New World...Altbier, Smoked Sour(ish), Oh YEAAH!!! - Orange Wheat, Evil Twin, Hanger 12 - OITNB, The Gose & The Darkness, First Harvest, Ghost Pumpkin, Grapefruit IPA, Murphy Brown Porter, Thanksgiving Blonde
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

That's my take, too. "Harsh" was a good description.

Plus, it's time for Enjoy By again!! :jumpy:
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I had this on draft last weekend and while it was good, I wasn't very impressed. I actually think the Abita version is much better though it hurts me to admit that.
The smell was the best part of it all and I agree. I paid $8 for a pint of draft and even somewhat inebriated I knew that was way too much!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black