Exciting news for one of our local breweries...

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Exciting news for one of our local breweries...

Post by swenocha »

Cool Springs Brewery, the oldest brewery in our county, started bottling this week! They are targeting an April release. They are bottling four high gravity beers, and expect to add their sours to the bottling later in the year. I could probably be persuaded to send one of these beauties out if I'm treated right... ;)

With Yazoo, Blackstone, and Jackalope, CSB will be the fourth brewery currently bottling/canning in our area. Turtle Anarchy will be bottling or canning by the fall, and rumor is that Fat Bottom is planning to package as well. The brewery scene is really exploding here...

Sweet bottles...

Excited for Derrick, Chris, and Jane.

Here's a video and story on the bottling... linky

The mobile bottling line is almost homebrew-like... linky

Any local brewery news in your area?
Last edited by swenocha on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Re: Exciting news for one of our local breweries...

Post by Yankeedag »

:banana: <----- Because we don't have a "like" button.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

swenocha wrote: The brewery scene is really exploding here...
You are so lucky to have all that in your area, makes me want to move there or atleast visit :)
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

I always welcome visitors... :cheers:
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

swenocha wrote: Any local brewery news in your area?
Why yes, as a matter of fact... :wow:

Flying Bison, the First stand-alone production brewery in Buffalo since the last one closed in 1972, is expanding. Over 30 years of experience and doing great thus far, they just broke ground on their new location which will include not only a brewery but a beer garden as well!

Flying Bison to Open New Brewery, Indoor Tasting Room and Indoor / Outdoor Beer Garden

Community Beer Works, NY States First NanoBrewery, celebrates its second anniversary on April 5th... (The actual date is 4/20... These guys are like around the corner and up the road from me!)

All systems are go as they 'Embeer Buffalo!'

Community Beer Works is Two!

Hamburg Brewing Company (local suburb, about 15-18 minutes away) has opened it's doors as of October 2013 and brings a new brewery to our local scene... And, they will soon be filling corneys for homebrewers!

New Brewery opens in the Southtowns

Rusty Nickel Brewing Company is another new brewery in our local area...
They received their zoning variance in July of 2013 and just held their first Open House on March 15, 2014. Separate but behind a popular area Ale House that I have had the good fortune to drink in from time to time and sharing the same parking lot, they will no doubt be a fine addition to the local beer scene.

Rusty Nickel is WNY's Newest Nano!

Resurgence Brewing has hired its BrewMaster and will open its doors as a new, $1m brewery and beer garden very soon! These guys are around the corner from me too, literally!

Awesome!

New WNY Brewery Opens Soon!

Big Ditch Brewing Company will be making their debut splash soon! (5 minutes from me!)

The fermentors are in!

New Buffalo Brewing has been making some progress toward opening... while not yet open for business, they have opened their lab in a new space and have been doing tastings of their brews locally.

New Buffalo Brewing

A shout out to Ellicottville Brewing Company (About an hour away, just recently expanded!)

New Brewery Expansion and Photos

And to Southern Tier Brewing... New Food Menu, Concert Series, Brewer for a Day Program and Just Great Beer!

Southern Tier

:cool:
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

swenocha wrote: I could probably be persuaded to send one of these beauties out if I'm treated right...
Nah, I'd probably just get Swen'd anyway....

In local brewery news, Defiant put two of their biggest sellers in bottles recently. Muddy Creek Lager (a personal favorite of mine), and Medusa IPA. Distribution is extremely limited, but worth it when you find 'em.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Old Smokey Amber Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
100 Years War IPA -- Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
South Ferry Steam Beer
jimmypirate
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by jimmypirate »

BigPapaG wrote:
swenocha wrote: Any local brewery news in your area?
Why yes, as a matter of fact... :wow:

Flying Bison, the First stand-alone production brewery in Buffalo since the last one closed in 1972, is expanding. Over 30 years of experience and doing great thus far, they just broke ground on their new location which will include not only a brewery but a beer garden as well!

Flying Bison to Open New Brewery, Indoor Tasting Room and Indoor / Outdoor Beer Garden

Community Beer Works, NY States First NanoBrewery, celebrates its second anniversary on April 5th... (The actual date is 4/20... These guys are like around the corner and up the road from me!)

All systems are go as they 'Embeer Buffalo!'

Community Beer Works is Two!

Hamburg Brewing Company (local suburb, about 15-18 minutes away) has opened it's doors as of October 2013 and brings a new brewery to our local scene... And, they will soon be filling corneys for homebrewers!

New Brewery opens in the Southtowns

Rusty Nickel Brewing Company is another new brewery in our local area...
They received their zoning variance in July of 2013 and just held their first Open House on March 15, 2014. Separate but behind a popular area Ale House that I have had the good fortune to drink in from time to time and sharing the same parking lot, they will no doubt be a fine addition to the local beer scene.

Rusty Nickel is WNY's Newest Nano!

Resurgence Brewing has hired its BrewMaster and will open its doors as a new, $1m brewery and beer garden very soon! These guys are around the corner from me too, literally!

Awesome!

New WNY Brewery Opens Soon!

Big Ditch Brewing Company will be making their debut splash soon! (5 minutes from me!)

The fermentors are in!

New Buffalo Brewing has been making some progress toward opening... while not yet open for business, they have opened their lab in a new space and have been doing tastings of their brews locally.

New Buffalo Brewing

A shout out to Ellicottville Brewing Company (About an hour away, just recently expanded!)

New Brewery Expansion and Photos

And to Southern Tier Brewing... New Food Menu, Concert Series, Brewer for a Day Program and Just Great Beer!

Southern Tier

:cool:

I'll second all that. Head north berryman!
~On the Way~

~On the Board~
Small Batch Gossamer Red
Small Batch Cherry Wheat
Big Batch Cerveza
Big Batch Canadian Blonde

~R.I.P~
Small Batch Cerveza
Small Batch Chile Lime Cerveza
Small Batch Canadian Blonde
Small Batch Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner
Small Batch Hopped Up IPA
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

That's cool news (and cool bottles)! I enjoyed the beers there when I was in town way back when.

But, did you see the amount of spilled beer in that bottling video! G'ah! :laugh
yankfan9
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by yankfan9 »

Local news here in Louisville. Against the Grain is now selling their bottles in local grocery stores around town, Beer Engine is a brewery in Lexington, and they are now opening a tap house/brewery here in Louisville soon. Along with that their are 5 new breweries opening up this year, some very soon, all in Louisville!
#15 There Gose 'Nother Semester - Gone
#16 Two Brothers Brown - Gone
#17 Home Toasted Pale - Gone
#18 Porter Potty - Gone
#19 I do IPA - Gone
#20 Max Capacity Stout - One Left in the cellar
#21 Not So Independent Scotch Ale - Drinking
#22 Berliner Weisse - Gone
#23 Fruit Fallacy IPA - Carbonating