What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

jpsherman
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by jpsherman »

LBK size batch. 2 cans of Patriot Lager. After primary fermentation I will add 2 cans of dark cherries.
Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain.
Quaintest thoughts — queerest fancies,
Come to life and fade away:
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today.

– Edgar Allan Poe
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink--Oscar Wilde
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Giggle Squid Brewery
Fermenting:
Barleywine 2016

Conditioning:
Barleywine 8-27-2014 (only drinking on special occasions)

Drinking:
Apple Wine 2.0
Apple Wine 2.1
Jalapeno Ale
Dark Vanner
Dark and Hoppy Night
Liquid Gold
Mad Max
Dundee Ale
Magnum PA

John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Brewing right now, BIAB American Amber from Classic Styles.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

My first brew in ten weeks, easily my longest break since the 51 years before I started brewing. I actually feel a bit rusty.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled the IPA I used sterling and zythos hops in. This was a weird one, my temps have been messed up, krausen fell after 3 days but it wasn't done at 10 days, so I let it sit. At day 12 it krausened again. Finished fermenting. I think it got so it got too cold, stopped fermenting, then woke back up and fermented out. My temps have been chilly. It tasted fine, so don't think bugs did it.

I might make another lager if this keeps up.
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

Brewed a New CMB Columbus' Cascading Amber Ale. Churning & burning in my 5 gallon batch Carboy so the grandkids can see science in action firsthand. They seem to love to perv it just like Pop-Pop.

:give:
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
woody
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by woody »

getting ready to brew a apa ag tomorrow, first i'm going to bottle a porter that in cold crash. going to use some of the 04 yeast from that to ferment the apa. I just like to punish myself with long brewdays .
Beerlabelman
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Beerlabelman »

I have Petey's Imperial Pilsener lagering & I brewed a 5 gallon BIAB "Apocalypto 6" in front of my local home brew shop "The Simple Brewer" Somers, NY last Saturday & it was a tremendous success. Let's hope the beer comes out good. 15lbs of grain, 6 oz of hops, & 2 packs of US-05 usually does the trick. Now, all I have to do is the labels. Cheers! :flag:
Attachments
cbd-garden.jpg
cbd-garden.jpg (78.85 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

Brewed yesterday, perving today....Pure future heaven:
churning burning & erupting into blowoff tube
March 2014 Columbus Amber Ale.jpg
March 2014 Columbus Amber Ale.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
L8r T8r

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

I want to bottle tomorrow, but I'm short on flip top bottles. My only course of action is to drink four of my homebrews tonight. Seems as good a reason as any to have a bender. If I post anything inappropriate later, you'll know why.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

T8rSalad wrote:Brewed yesterday, perving today....Pure future heaven:
churning burning & erupting into blowoff tube
March 2014 Columbus Amber Ale.jpg
I don't think I have ever had this much action over this amount of time. I have had to change the blowoff water bottle 3 times already...fricking amazing perv it is or I am?!?!
:party: :party:
L8r T8r

mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

BIAB Rye Pale Ale with Delta and Amarillo hops - I posted the recipe.
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Ibasterd wrote:I want to bottle tomorrow, but I'm short on flip top bottles. My only course of action is to drink four of my homebrews tonight. Seems as good a reason as any to have a bender. If I post anything inappropriate later, you'll know why.
Well I managed to "free up" the necessary four remaining bottles last night and was in good enough shape this morning to bottle "one Evil Pilsner," made with some steeping grain and a hop addition. Looked and tasted pretty clear and good. This may be my last kit brew as I plan on going all grain for my next batch.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by docpd »

Bottled a Belgian White on Wednesday. Tomorrow I am brewing an AG Bells Two Hearted Ale clone. This is my favorite clone recipe and is dead on to the original. Can post recipe if anyone wants it.
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Kegged a little batch of Amarillo Pale Ale... Tasted pretty righteous, looking forward to tasting again next week after it's carbed.
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled some Simcoe APA.

I then brewed something both stupidly bitter and intensely flavored. I posted the recipe. (Bier von Apollo). About like the above picture but with the hoppy line pegged at the O in the word Hoppy. LOL.