Fast Rack

Have a question on how to keg your beer or just want some tips on bottling! Don't stick a cork in it until you ask the Borg!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Fast Rack

Post by Kealia »

I know Swenocho is using these, is anybody else?
I've been reducing space in general and was about to pull the trigger on a set of these but my LHBS was out of stock. As soon as they get more in I will be ditching the bottling tree and picking one up.

I don't bottle much at this point, but when I do I want to limit the space so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.
kdhs10

Re: Fast Rack

Post by kdhs10 »

I've got them, love it.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

I store clean bottles in cardboard boxes (free) and use a bottle tree for the drain/dry thing so how are you guys wanting to use these?

BB2 saw them online and mentioned them the other day.
Sibling Brewers
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Serves the same purpose as the bottling tree, but takes up a lot less room both in use and in storage. I use the vinator to hit 'em with the StarSan, and there is a plastic basin that goes under the bottom one to catch the sanitizer as it drips out, and then you just snag and bottle from there. One of my favorite brewing purchases.

Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I don't bottle a lot anymore, but I picked up one tray and one rack today to replace my bottling tree.

We'll see how I like it in a few weeks after I brew the lemon lime hef, but I sure like the lack of space it takes up!
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Big downfall for me is the lack of versatility. Sometimes I bottle in regular bottles, sometimes in bombers or flip tops, and I also make wine so have all those wacky bottles as well. Shoot, during tailgating season I have been known to bottle in 2L bottles since it wont be lasting long on the back of the gate so why even bring the Party Pig. So, I wont be giving up my tree anytime soon.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Bottling tree holds the perfect number for a 5 gallon batch. Sits on the top shelf in the pantry. Empties occupy two plastic file boxes, never seem to get more than 60 or so before I fill them again, that works for me. And I store empties in the basement. Fast Rack would not save any storage space for me and would open up the bottles to bugs crawling in and basement dust that can't now get to them.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)