beer chemistry

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: beer chemistry

Post by T8rSalad »

Beer-lord wrote:I remember when she first came on Star Trek Voyager and wondered what 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 8 were like.
But, in reality, put me in that tight outfit and I'd look good too......just sayin'. :uwish:
Frickin' Paul...Now I have to go poke my eyes out and bash my head against the block wall trying to get that image out of mind
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Brewbirds wrote:HEY GAWL DARN IT!!! I told BB2 to quit posting my picture on the internet. He's really in for it now. :x
Use your ocular implant to identify his phenols.
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Holy snappin crap. That quiz is f*cking ridonkulous. Of course I didn't study because I'm waaaay over this molecular level bullshit by now.........and I got 2, that's TWO right.

At the end, I added a comment that said, "Jesus! Did Paul Sims write this frickin quiz?? I fell asleep halfway through the third question......."

I'm sure Morvant won't like that at all but who gives a shit? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

T8rSalad wrote:
Beer-lord wrote:I remember when she first came on Star Trek Voyager and wondered what 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 8 were like.
But, in reality, put me in that tight outfit and I'd look good too......just sayin'. :uwish:
Frickin' Paul...Now I have to go poke my eyes out and bash my head against the block wall trying to get that image out of mind

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

BB2 wrote:
30604024-30604027-large.jpg
he posts something and you need a translator
Ha Ha! Should have posted a better pic so you'd remember the unforgettable Seven of Nine ... thank you, Sis.
Uh, my nickname for her was 6 of 9.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

jimjohson wrote:
T8rSalad wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
nah, just picture him in a wife beater t-shirt, pink tutu, and shiny combat boots. toss in a mickey mouse hat with antennas... you should be good.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

Holy snappin crap.
GAH!
Me, too.Two of ten on the practice quiz?. Guess I better go back through the Sonorous Sooner's lectures again (sigh :dead: ). Wonder if I should drink beers for that.
Past BBFFL Champion (for now)
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

I completely spaced and left all my material at work and didnt start on anything as I didnt realize it was right around the corner. I guess it is a cram night for me tonite. But, it sounds like I may do better simply answering questions randomly than trying to eliminate myself down to the wrong answer.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

wondered what 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 8 were like
Well I rewatched the videos and ended up with ...
Not Great, but ...
Not Great, but ...
six of ten.jpg (157.37 KiB) Viewed 906 times
... better than my practice test
... better than my practice test
two of ten.jpg (160.76 KiB) Viewed 906 times
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Wings_Fan_In_KC wrote:OK so....it is now confirmed. That Paul Sims.......HOLY SHIT. Every time a video with him pops up, you can just slam my head into the desk because try as I might to follow him.........no friggin way. BORED TO DEATH. OMG, I feel bad for his students in real life who can't hide the fact that their heads are bobbing while he's putting them to sleep.

I expect to get 50% or less of the questions on the quiz right this time around. It's just to much molecular bullshit that I don't care about.
True dat. I cringe whenever ole "I sell propane and propane accessories" pops up on the screen. I did, however, really "get" this week's topic, and got a 10/10 on the quiz. Just keep telling yourself... one more week...

Question: Is there any kind of final that anyone knows of? I assume there is, but I haven't seen anything on it. Or is the quiz next week the end of the course?
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

I seem to recall while registering they mentioned a final when they gave the breakdown of how the final grade is calculated.

Got myself a "7 of nine (10)." Not sure what I was thinking but answered one question completely backwards and it was an easy one. One had to take a flying guess on and another one had it narrowed down to 2 and of course picked the wrong one. Oh well.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

Well I guess that was it. I think they will be reding for next year

A final quiz on packaging, no comprehensive exam, Yooper.

Very easy brewer-knowledge only no chem (just thiols). :wow:

Well, that was fun. I guess I learned a lot on a dollar per learning basis.
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Definitely worth the cost, but I'm not sure I'm able to retain as much from the course as they intended us to.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

There is a final...

"Remember that there will be a Final Exam on May 8-9. You can access the completed quizzes and answers by going into the quiz. We will have a video out on this feature next week. Start preparing for the Final Exam by going back to look at your quizzes, figure out any weaknesses, and then sure these up by going back to the content and asking questions."
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Dang, Thursday-Friday. Couldnt give us working folks the weekend to take it. But, I guess the college kids who are actually paying for the course for credit will be out drinking so that wouldnt work.