The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Yankeedag »

Got a late start because the product wasn't ready. Up side: Hoopy Bali Boy wasn't at the drop off point and I didn't have to kill him.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Got a brand new BBQ pit to break in tomorrow..
Got T-Bone
Got smaller steaks
got corn on the cob
got taters
got mushrooms
got other fixings
got beer.
That's my plan, and I'm going for it. :muahaha:

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

We're having the family over for Easter dinner tomorrow. I got a big fat ring of Kielbasa, sauerkraut, Polish mustard and cheese and crackers for snacks. Wife got a sliced ham.

I got "Toms's Stout" on tap ... but the way I'm goin' today, I may have to tap the Brown tomorrow, heh heh.
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

after almost 7 years the MiL moved out today :banana: :banana: took most of the day, I'm gimping around now & going to be hurting for days, but it's finished.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

That's great Jim. Maybe I'll come down and see you now. :lol:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

jimjohson wrote:after almost 7 years the MiL moved out today :banana: :banana: took most of the day, I'm gimping around now & going to be hurting for days, but it's finished.
My MIL checked out from planet Earth. We had to plant her a few months ago. RIP.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Finally a real nice day here in western NY, I've been cleaning out my waterfall pond and redoing some of the stones
The wife has the youngest grandson (a little over a year old) out walking around.
I didn't brew anything today, but enjoyed a few while I was working outside on this beautiful day.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

So anyway, yesterday at Easter ... "Tom's Basic Stout" was a hit.

My son really liked it. He said it was a nice stout with flavor, yet smooth and not overly heavy. He was right. No sense posting the recipe, just 2row base malt, a lb of black malt, and a moderate amount of nugget hops boiled in.
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

berryman wrote:Finally a real nice day here in western NY, I've been cleaning out my waterfall pond and redoing some of the stones
The wife has the youngest grandson (a little over a year old) out walking around.
I didn't brew anything today, but enjoyed a few while I was working outside on this beautiful day.
Love the waterfall, Berryman... Fantastic work!!!
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Well, a Perfect Storm of Good Things has occurred.

My niece is doing an externship in the next county over, and she's staying with my parents here in town, because it's free, and my parents have a big enough house, and hey, why not?

Well, Sunday was her birthday. And this coming Sunday is my daughter's birthday (yeah, she's exactly 51 weeks older than her cousin!), so my mom decided to have a little party for the two of them, and my daughter and her fiance are coming up for the weekend to enjoy Sunday's festivities. It's always great when we get a chance to have a mini-family reunion, and with these two cousins, it's like they were never apart, no matter how long it's been. We're really looking forward to it, and SWMBO can't wait to see her girl again; she misses her something awful, and no doubt there will be wedding discussions aplenty between the two of them.

I'll also have a chance to have her fiance taste the first test-batch of the Black IPA I made, and get his thoughts on it. I'm way less than thrilled about it, myself, and I'll actually be bottling Phase II of this on Saturday. Went right back to Square One on it, and it's a totally different recipe. Too bad he won't get a chance to sample the new one.

Even though I'm working Saturday, and I'm tired and fed up already on Wednesday, I'm looking forward to a good weekend.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Good on ya Dave.
I'd tell y'all about my drive home from Vancover Wa, but it's too gross... even for me. My eyes...

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Do a Google image search on "Sports Illustrated" .......... aye carumba!
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Tabasco wrote:Do a Google image search on "Sports Illustrated" .......... aye carumba!
You, sir are a dirty old man. And I thought I was the only one :jumpy:

But, at my age, I'm like the dog that chases the train every day as it rolls past the house; I wouldn't have a clue as to what to do with it if I was to catch it.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Chuck N wrote:
Tabasco wrote:Do a Google image search on "Sports Illustrated" .......... aye carumba!
You, sir are a dirty old man. And I thought I was the only one :jumpy:

But, at my age, I'm like the dog that chases the train every day as it rolls past the house; I wouldn't have a clue as to what to do with it if I was to catch it.
Yah ..... plus my wife would put the fryin' pan to my head, and open the valves on my fermenters ... :lol: