Enjoy By 7/4/14

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Enjoy By 7/4/14

Post by Kealia »

BlackDuck wrote:
RedBEERd wrote:SOMEONE please give me a reason to NOT OPEN the second bottle. I BEG OF YOU!
If you open it, you will ruin the cap.
:lol:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

RedBEERd wrote:SOMEONE please give me a reason to NOT OPEN the second bottle. I BEG OF YOU!
I *need* it. Send it to me. You know you want to. :: waves hands mesmerizingly ::
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

I decided against better judgment to save my 2nd bottle for later...but my good wife is picking up 2 more for me today.......so that'll be 3 chilling for the appropriate time. And next is Ruin Ten. I gotta get it while the gettins good.
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

So I drank mine over the last couple days and wasn't disappointed. First night, just amazing tangerine and grapefruit flavor and aroma. Really strong hops presence, but smooth and not harsh. I plugged the bottle with a wine stopper and put it back in the fridge. Second night, holy mangoes, batman! It was like someone just dropped a pile of em in front of me. Flavor was very much the same as the first night, and still just as smooth in the bitterness, but the aroma was intoxicatingly good.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Welcome to the Dark Side Phil. :clink:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Hehe thanks. I'm pretty sure as long as the hops are fruity, I can do IPAs, like this one. I'm slowly coming around.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

That's what you say now Phil....you just wait. You'll get good and comfy with the fruity part. Then you'll get one that is fruity with a touch of dankness, then eventually you won't be able to get enough of the Dank!!!! :lol:

You, my friend, are doomed! :evil:
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beerlabelman
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Beerlabelman »

I really like Stone Brews & this one was really good too. I think the others were more to my taste profile, but I thought this one was really like A North West Oregon Style IPA. Cheers! :cheers:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I still can't find this #$*%. Someone bought all of it before I got there.
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

mashani wrote:I still can't find this #$*%. Someone bought all of it before I got there.
I've got 3 left....come on down and we'll pop one open, toast the borg and find a way to steel the recipe.

But come soon......i'm opening one this weekend...maybe 2 since I won't let it go past 7/4......I kept an Enjoy BY once past it's date (a few weeks actually) and it really did lose it's freshness and aroma so I'm not doing that again. If Mr. Stone says to enjoy it by a certain date, I'm in. Besides, I have to make room for some Ruin Tens again!
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I had my second one last night and I just didn't enjoy it much. It is so vastly different than the last batch to me that it is a different beer altogether. Maybe I'm just burning out on "dank" in favor of fruity and floral but this just isn't doing it for me. I think I may pull the last bottle out of the fridge and let it cellar for a month.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Or send it to me! :jumpy:
I'm going to try my last one next week at expiration.
Then switch over to Ruin Ten to continue my dank-love (if I can find some here....wtf is taking it so long to get on shelves here?)
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

I tried drinking one past "the Date" and I found it lost some of its aroma, in fact, a lot. I never really put too much into the date thing but this really was a different beer when it got "old".

So, I'll have one maybe tonite or tomorrow. Another Sunday at a family gathering and save my last one for the 4th of july weekend. And then wait till next time.

In the meantime, I called 2 local beer stores today to see about Ruin Ten and one (Elios) says it's expected today. Whole Foods is also expecting it " very shortly" so I hope by the time I finish my Enjoy By, I can ENJOY a Ruin Ten....maybe the next best thing for me........but I like/love too many beers now.
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

The verdict: So it's a week away from the so called expiration date and I've kept them chilled. And the one I just opened has a GREAT pineapple aroma right off the bat but it's not as smooth as the one I had on Father's Day. It's still a fine beer but, it definitely is older, more bitter and not quite as 'sweet' (I can't find the right word to describe it but it's not a sugary sweet thing...just beer sweet).

So, I will have to divest myself of the next two, for science and financial savings are at stake. Beerlord will help me finish one off on Sunday. I'm hoping the last one makes it to July 4th....we'll see.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

RedBEERd wrote:The verdict: I'm hoping the last one makes it to July 4th....we'll see.
NOPE!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black