Wanna see what happens when you try to cancel Comcast

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Wanna see what happens when you try to cancel Comcast

Post by Beer-lord »

Some guy recorded his attempt to cancel his Comcast service and went thru hell.

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10

http://www.wtop.com/1374/3662942/Man-re ... apologizes
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Wanna see what happens when you try to cancel Comcast

Post by BigPapaG »

Arrrggg... Comcast is supposed to finalize the acquisition of Time Warner in our area by the end of the year...

Can't wait... NOT!

:(
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

BigPapaG wrote:Arrrggg... Comcast is supposed to finalize the acquisition of Time Warner in our area by the end of the year...

Can't wait... NOT!

:(
Yep, I'm in that mess too. But I think I hate AT&T worse...
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Yeah, strange business the communications industry...

Once all the mergers and acquistions are complete, someone will think they have too much control and force them to divest.

It's a vicious cycle... At our expense.

:flag:
jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jivex5k »

Need google fiber.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

BigPapaG wrote:Yeah, strange business the communications industry...

Once all the mergers and acquistions are complete, someone will think they have too much control and force them to divest.

It's a vicious cycle... At our expense.

:flag:
You aint kidding. About a 10 year cycle it seems. Exclusive rights to a neighbourhood, then competition is brought in, one buys the other, another player is allowed to enter, rinse and repeat.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

That man is a saint. I don't suffer fools gladly and that conversation would've devolved very quickly to a fluent use of profanity. :)
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Photon Brewing
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Photon Brewing »

These sort of interactions crack me up. Its a big game to them. They give ya the run around for a stretch to get ya all riled up. Then the F bombs start flying and things get accomplished. Its amazing what happens when that word enters into the frey. It cuts through red tape like no other.

I gotta meet with a financer tomorrow about the house my wife and I just purchased. I got the 20%+ for closing costs and avoiding PMI charges. Hes been jerking me around about where the funds came from and this that and the other. Ive given him my W2s and bank statements and everything is in order. Hes questioned a few larger deposits and I keep tellin him its none of his damned business where it came from. The funds are there, hes selling, Im buying, done deal. Ive got a strong idea already about how this meeting is gonna go. Bottom line, if he dont want the business I'll take it to the guy up the road. To say the least, this will be the LAST house I ever buy. Getting to old for this crap.
Foothiller
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented
Location: Northern CA (Sierra foothills) / Interests: BJCP Certified

Post by Foothiller »

We have Comcast and are generally OK with it in most ways. But our cell phones are with AT&T, and when it was time for my wife to get a new phone, the salesman had quite a line. When she realized AT&T would provide less service than Comcast, it took 4 phone calls before AT&T got the message that we wanted to cancel their installation appointment.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I was pestered by our original provider after going with another provider. They would show up at my door and want me to switch back. When I would tell them I wasn't interested, since I was happy with my current provider, they wouldn't let up, switching tactics and not taking "no" for an answer.

I'm somewhat familiar with sales protocol, and I know one of the rules is the "Three No's". Overcome objections and try to close, sure, but if the customer gives you three "no" answers, it's time to leave. These representatives ignored that. The were more persistent than a Mormon missionary with an Amway franchise.

I would try to be polite, but eventually my patience would wear thin and I'd get angry with them for showing up unannounced, asking invasive questions ("Can we look at your current provider's bill?"), and wasting my time with their attempts to wear me down. And when I get angry after holding back, you don't want to be in the line of fire.

The last time one of these trolls showed up, I told her, "I'm not interested, thank you," and began to shut the door. She started to say, "Is that because...." and I shouted at her, "It's because I'm NOT INTERESTED! THANK YOU!" and slammed the door in her face.

I haven't had anyone come back since then.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I do think it's great, though, that an internet provider was called out on their employee's poor performance on the internet.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest