Bah Habah

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Photon Brewing
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Bah Habah

Post by Photon Brewing »

Leaving for vacation tomorrow and we're going to Bar Harbour, Maine. Ive been working on my best Bostonian accent. 12+ hours in the car with my wife and 1 year old pug. :sweat: Ive read a lot of books that the setting was in the New England area. And it sounds amazing. As the years add on I figure if I dont go now, I may never get the chance. We have a few excursions planned but after recently buying a house, we are planning on some rest and relaxation more than anything. We will spend a few days in Acadia National Park hiking and have a boat cruise planned for a day. However, one day we are going to Atlantic Brewing Company and Im thrilled about that. A tour and sampling followed by a BBQ. Anyone ever been?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Bah Habah

Post by mashani »

Been to Portland Maine. Nowhere else in Maine thought, was there for work, and not enough time... But I liked Portland.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I've toured a couple of breweries, but not Atlantic. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience, though. I've always found it fascinating to see the scope of large-scale brewing.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

"Bah Habah? Can't get theyuh from hee-ah...."

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Like mashani, I've only been to Portland and points South. But as Dave says, any time spent at a brewery is time well spent, IMO.
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

I was in Bar Harbor about twenty years ago, Southwest Harbor too. I remember that it was nice. Bring a sweater, Maine is often cool at night even in Summer. Don't plan on swimming, I don't think the water gets over the mid-fifties. Have fun!
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Photon Brewing
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Photon Brewing »

I knew swimming was lucky. We wont get too. But the coast is so amazing. Cliffs of 150ft plus into high tide. Low tide is death. We spent the entire day in Acadia National Park and saw everything. Golfing tommorrow sshould be stellar. Stoked...
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Cool!
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.