2014 Fantasy Football

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

gwcr

2014 Fantasy Football

Post by gwcr »

Are you ready for some football? It's that time of year again, so I thought I would check the interest for a Fantasy Football league again. Last year we had 12 participants, and it was a fun season with BB2 taking the title. So now there are two questions.

Who wants to participate this year (already have a couple PMs from excited team owners!)?
Should we use the same league software as last season (fleaflicker)?

I have no problem moving to a different system before the season starts. Just understand that if you are suggesting a new system, you are also volunteering to be the new commish :whistle: :p :rolleyes:

So please post here if you want to be in the league by Friday, August 22. That should give us enough time to get everything set up and have a live draft before the first regular season game on September 4.

Here's a little something to get you in the mood...

Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football

Post by BB2 »

I am in of course, and no fair featuring my #1 rated player !!
Past BBFFL Champion (for now)
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I am in too. I liked using FleaFlicker. Last year was my first year ever doing a fantasy football league and I thought FleaFlicker was extremely easy to use.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

im down to play again.....but think we should play on yahoo the format looks better and it is just a better set up all around
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by dbrowning »

Im in .... but not if its yahoo
Ive had way too many problems with fantasy baseball there
JimH
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by JimH »

I am in!

I do prefer the ESPN league, but it really makes no matter as I just like the game.
Jimbo Homebrew Co.
----------------------------------------
Drinking:
Keg1:
Keg2:
Keg3:
Bottled:
Nothing!
Fermenting:
Fermenter 1 (5 Gal Bucket): Empty :(
Fermenter 2 (1 gal.): Empty :(

On Deck:
Something?!
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

yea......... espn is good too
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

I sorta like the fleaflicker features like the statistical reports, not critical though. Can't speak to the Commish point of view but I think YAHOO is very limited in ability to set roster and scoring preferences. YAHOO is quite bad at managing injury, no-cut etc, they do not keep up well and tie a players hands too much. Don't know much about ESPN but I think it costs more to run leagues over there. I see nothing wrong with the setup from last year, naturally, :muahaha: .

Also I do not personally want to be Commish, which is the "price" of switching. So my vote: the King is good, long live the King - and Fleaflicker.

BB2

PS Where's everybody - we only have 6 ?

DISCLAIMER The opinions expressed herein are not the official position of BREWBIRDS and expressedly BB1 has not authorized said reckless and inappropriate messages which may be attributed solely to BB2!
Past BBFFL Champion (for now)
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

You beat me to the punch...I was just thinking that I should bump this up a bit.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
jpsherman
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jpsherman »

I'm in! I also like Fleaflicker!
Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain.
Quaintest thoughts — queerest fancies,
Come to life and fade away:
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today.

– Edgar Allan Poe
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink--Oscar Wilde
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Giggle Squid Brewery
Fermenting:
Barleywine 2016

Conditioning:
Barleywine 8-27-2014 (only drinking on special occasions)

Drinking:
Apple Wine 2.0
Apple Wine 2.1
Jalapeno Ale
Dark Vanner
Dark and Hoppy Night
Liquid Gold
Mad Max
Dundee Ale
Magnum PA

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Honestly, I've never played FF and wouldn't have a clue on how the whole thing works.
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

Kealia wrote:Honestly, I've never played FF and wouldn't have a clue on how the whole thing works.

I think that was the case for some guys last year and they had fun with it.....if you like football at all you should get into it
Betolis

Post by Betolis »

I might be able to give it a try.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Yup...I was one of the guys that didn't have a clue last year. It was the first time I had ever done fantasy football. And I had a blast. If you like watching football, you really should give it a try. I found that I was more interested in it and watched more of it than ever before. And I watched games that I would have never watched previously because I had one or two guys on my team that were playing.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Photon Brewing
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Photon Brewing »

I gotta tell ya, last year was a tough pill to swallow. Honestly, Im not sure Ive completely gotten over how it all went down. I had a spot picked out for the trophy and the parade route all planned out. Moral of the story; Never dance with Seachickens in the pale moonlight!!! With that being said, Im in for another go round. Ive done espn and one or two other sites, never yahoo. Theyre all the same in one form or another. I liked fleaflicker and thoroughly enjoyed the league, congrats BB2, so I guess my vote is for fleaflicker. As for the injury wire, the problem lies with the NFL head coaches and not the fantasy site. Everything is misdirection and smoke and mirrors with those guys. Any way to get the upper hand I suppose. Its frustrating sifting through all the BS. Anyway Im in.