Allow me to introduce myself!

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Allow me to introduce myself!

Post by LouieMacGoo »

With all that has been going on here over the last few days it just now occurred to me how many of you I don't know since I hadn't been on the Mr. Beer forum with any regularity since the beginning of 2013. So if I don't know you, you obviously don't know me! So here i goes!

I put this BeerBorg website together over a year ago to be able to have a place to chat in real time with other brewers from the forum. I started adding some reference information to the site and even added a "Social" Facebook type community to the website when Mr. Beer started deleting posts and blocking any reference about a new upstart competitor called BrewDemon. Unfortunately the software I used had a flaw that spammers took advantage of and ended up trashing beyond repair. So I rebuilt from the ashes just in time for the disaster that is the Mr. Beer community right now.

I started out brewing with Mr. Beer over a 1 -1/2 years ago and spent much of my time on the Mr. Beer Forum I have them to thank for getting me into this great hobby but I also recognized that they aren't the only game in town and there are a lot of other great options when it comes to brewing beer and enjoying the hobby. Hopefully this place will allow you all to learn and grow without any limitations!

If you haven't already check out the articles on the main part of the site and also the Brewers Resources section for some good information about brewing!

Oh one last thing!!!! THANK YOU for being a part of this community!

:cheers:
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
Beer-lord

Re: Allow me to introduce myself!

Post by Beer-lord »

No Louie, THANK YOU for letting US be part of THIS forum!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Thanks for posting this. I just came over and all I knew about this site was that there would be posts about the Taproom which, as a newbie, I didn't get.
I never knew this was also a forum and, as most of the new folks, probably found the other forum because we got the MB as a gift.
I really didn't care for the "personality" of most of the other home brew forums on the web when I started doing searches about our new hobby. The former MB site was a totally pleasant experience for us as newbies.
I hope now that you have done all the work and we have now discovered your great efforts we will continue to commune here where a single entry level beer making brand name does not matter and we can just talk beer and help the new comers to the hobby.

Thank you again. :cheers:
Sibling Brewers
jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jivex5k »

Yeah Louie, many thanks to you for putting your time and money into this community.
I already like it better than the old Mr. B forums, and we have a lot of old hats around which is awesome. (maybe soon THE hat will come too)
IDK...It just feels right, and I really want this place to succeed.

Also, don't know what it's worth but I program javascript and HTML professionally so if you run into technical problems I can offer whatever small amount of advice or knowledge I may have. You seem to have it under control though, forum looks and runs great.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman
JimH
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by JimH »

Thank you Lou! I didn't benefit from you very much over on MB, we didn't overlap very much. But I was one of the early finders of the Taproom. It's been great. Chatting with some more advanced brewers over there gave me realtime learning and advanced my brewing rapidly! I went from 2 MB batches and a Brooklyn Brewshop AG kit to formulating my own recipes in less than 2 months! So, thanks Lou for setting up your site, and thank you for letting me be a part of it.

(Also, its pretty awesome that you started a thread for feedback. It must be a little bit of a pain to try and accommodate these requests, but it makes it feel like we are more than just simple members.)
Jimbo Homebrew Co.
----------------------------------------
Drinking:
Keg1:
Keg2:
Keg3:
Bottled:
Nothing!
Fermenting:
Fermenter 1 (5 Gal Bucket): Empty :(
Fermenter 2 (1 gal.): Empty :(

On Deck:
Something?!
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BrownstotheBone »

As others have said, "thank you". I pretty much told my story in my intro thread (newbie for a month and forum gets turned upside down)

That place was fantastic for new brewers like me that are lost and need to be turned in the right direction. But it was the people that made it so great.

Now that mass of people have been fractured by someone without a lick of business sense.(very sad really)

It is very reassuring for someone like me to know that there IS that place again.
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Thanks again Louie for all your hard work! This site has re-energized my brewing life!
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Yup....thank you Louie for doing this. You've really done an outstanding job with this

And if you ever make it back to Columbus, let me know. We'll head back to Hal and Al's for some good beer and the best vegetarian bratwurst.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

BlackDuck wrote:vegetarian bratwurst.

I'm not sure if that's a double negative or an Oxymoron.... ??
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

oxymoron
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

BrownstotheBone wrote:

I kid you guys not. Louie and I did a meet up with another guy that hasn't been on the forum for quite some time. We met at this place called Hal and Al's on the recommendation from the other guy.

Try to picture this....a vegetarian place, with a HUGE beer list in one of the worst sections of Columbus. I wasn't sure my tires were still going to be on my truck when I came back out. I was getting hungry so I ordered a vegetarian bratwurst. And believe it or not, it was pretty damn tasty. It was a weird place in a weird location.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Thank you Jim.

(you see how fast your questions get answered over here?)
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

BlackDuck wrote:
BrownstotheBone wrote:

I kid you guys not. Louie and I did a meet up with another guy that hasn't been on the forum for quite some time. We met at this place called Hal and Al's on the recommendation from the other guy.

Try to picture this....a vegetarian place, with a HUGE beer list in one of the worst sections of Columbus. I wasn't sure my tires were still going to be on my truck when I came back out. I was getting hungry so I ordered a vegetarian bratwurst. And believe it or not, it was pretty damn tasty. It was a weird place in a weird location.

Good beer will always mask inferior food. :flag:
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Check out the beer list fom this place. You'll need to scroll down for a while to see the whole thing.

http://www.halandals.com/drink
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »