2014 Fantasy Football

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

JimH
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football

Post by JimH »

Whenever works for me. I will try my best to make it, but I would be happy with autodraft, I did last year and I had a decent team.
Jimbo Homebrew Co.
----------------------------------------
Drinking:
Keg1:
Keg2:
Keg3:
Bottled:
Nothing!
Fermenting:
Fermenter 1 (5 Gal Bucket): Empty :(
Fermenter 2 (1 gal.): Empty :(

On Deck:
Something?!
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

Draft Order

1 Betolis
2 Krakens
3 BallsDeep
4 Forte's and Nines
5 The Black Quackers
6 Straight Cash
7 gwcr Steelers
8 Silver City
9 Flying Pigs
10 BB Repeaters

Yesterday I ran a mock and was very glad I did, because I got confused by some of the buttons which I had forgotten :redface: ; it was worth the ugly chore of putting all my rankings in. (Hint: it goes smoother if you first rank each position separately). Good Luck All.
Past BBFFL Champion (for now)
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Looks like we're staying at 10 teams this year. I modified the league this morning dropping it to 10 teams. Not a big deal as each team should be stronger, and each week should be more competitive. Draft is tonight at 7PM CT. If you can't make it, set your draft order and the system will auto draft for you. If you can make it, please make sure to log in at least 10 minutes early to make sure you don't have any problems with the draft room. I'll be online about 6:45 and will do what I can to help if anyone has any issues.

Good Luck!!
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

Shhhhh........... can you hear it?

The Borg quickens.

Can a defending champion rise from the depths of last pick? The competion is tough, as we have added promising new challengers, including a seasoned fantasy veteran, and the rookies of last year have become well-honed fantasy football contenders.

How will it all end? We shall see as the new season begins. Today. TODAY!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

BEERBORG FANTASY FOOTBALL?

I am :jumpy:
Past BBFFL Champion (for now)
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I am ready. Just finishing up with dinner. And I will crack open a bomber of Stone Collective Distortion IPA to sip on while drafting one hell of a fantasy team. Bring on the football!!!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Feedbag empty. Pouring a pint or 3 of my APA for the draft. Ready to roll!!

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Great draft everyone. Good luck this season. Make sure you have your starting lineups set for the first game on Thursday!

:banana: :hammer:

BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Thanks again for setting this up Glen. I know it's just one more thing to worry about...but I (we) appreciate you doing this.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

BB2 wrote:Shhhhh........... can you hear it?

The Borg quickens.

Can a defending champion rise from the depths of last pick? The competion is tough, as we have added promising new challengers, including a seasoned fantasy veteran, and the rookies of last year have become well-honed fantasy football contenders.

How will it all end? We shall see as the new season begins. Today. TODAY!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

BEERBORG FANTASY FOOTBALL?

I am :jumpy:

Sorry if BB2 was a little jumpy guys I guess that was my fault for doing this...
2014 FFL Borg charging.JPG
2014 FFL Borg charging.JPG (138.08 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Sibling Brewers
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

OFF TOPIC QUESTION:

I don't eat hot wings often, but I like them every now and then. When the burning starts to get too much, what is the best thing to cool off with? I know milk works, and I *think* that blue cheese dip does but I don't like it. Anything else? Ranch dressing? Radishes (looking at the pic above)?
evily
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by evily »

Milk is truly the best for cooling off your mouth after spicy foods, because it contains casein. Casein is a protein that binds well with capsaicin, which is the molecule that causes the fire in your mouth. Anything containing milk (sour cream, maybe even cheese?) could potentially help, but most milk-derived products won't contain as much casein as straight up milk.

Avoid water-based beverages, as they will just spread the capsaicin around your mouth and make you feel more fiery after the initial cooldown.

And there's your food science lesson for the day, kids! :cool:
~*~*~I like big beers and I cannot lie!~*~*~
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Kealia wrote:OFF TOPIC QUESTION:

I don't eat hot wings often, but I like them every now and then. When the burning starts to get too much, what is the best thing to cool off with? I know milk works, and I *think* that blue cheese dip does but I don't like it. Anything else? Ranch dressing? Radishes (looking at the pic above)?
Yeah all those vegies chilled from the fridge help but not as much as the cold brewkies. :barman:

I don't like them so hot that they make sweat appear on my brow but BB2 eats fresh jalepenos at breakfast. :sweat:
Sibling Brewers
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Attention Fantasy Football Players! You now have even more incentive to manage your rosters. Sam from BrewDemon has generously offered to supply prizes for 1st and 2nd place! The first place winner will get their choice of either an amber or clear 3 gallon conical fermenter (for 2-2.5 gallon batches). The 2nd place winner will get the conical that the first place winner doesn't choose. Bottom line is both 1st and 2nd place get a 3 gallon conical fermenter from BrewDemon!

Thanks to Sam and BrewDemon for donating the prizes and supporting the Borg! Be sure to stop by the BrewDemon Website and check out your potential prizes. While you're there, pick up a refill or other supplies that you may need. Remember, Borg members also receive an exclusive discount at BrewDemon. Make sure to check out the "Members Only Deals" section of the Borg for details.

:banana: :hammer:

BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Wow...that's awesome news. Thanks so much Sam. You guys at BrewDemon are a class act!!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

thats awesome but im 0-2 dang autodraft.....had to work that day