The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: The No Post Post

Post by BigPapaG »

BlackDuck wrote:I've got an iPhone 4 also and have been struggling too. PapaG...is the information you PM'd to the Nong suitable to share with all of us that have iPhones??
Absolutely!

Wanted to not bore everyone, but as you mentioned, might me more useful than I thought...

I see Dag shared it so we're good! :-)

NOTE: There is also an app called 'Crop Photo' which I don't use as much but it is cool 'cause you can define a portion of a pic and 'crop' to just that portion and save it. It's useful for not oncluding parts of a pic that are sensative or meaningless.

:cool:
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Thanks. You made my day.
Ok, time for me to play dead for the night. See y'all and bore you with pic's on the morrow.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Glad I could help!

:borg:
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

We're celebrating my younger son's 26th birthday tonight. I'll be serving home brews.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Thanks guys for the help on the pics...it's much appreciated.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Tabasco wrote:We're celebrating my younger son's 26th birthday tonight. I'll be serving home brews.
We did that, for the same birthday, 2 days ago. Congrats!

I gave him a case of homebrewed Blue Moon with special labels. I called it "Cracked Moon Ale". Slogan on the label, "Our Moon Isn't Blue, It's Cracked".
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Good one RickBeer

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

mtsoxfan wrote:OK, not beer related... other than it causes me to drink...
We bought a new dishwasher 4 months ago. After two days, it smells like something died in it. I took it apart, sawa nothing. Running vinegar during the wash takes care of it.... for two days. Today, I went through soup to nuts, spray arms, filter dishcharge hose has proper loop.....nothing....
It is such a simple operation, but I can't find a thing..... Samsung was no help. they said other than garbage left in there, nothing else can go wrong... bastarges.....
I was going to post a link but when I went back to the Google News page it was gone, there was a headline that a stinky dishwasher class action lawsuit was going to the Supreme Court.

Didn't read it but you might try a search and see if it relates to your problem.

Wish I knew how to take one apart like you. Mine has gotten dirty inside over time and sometimes I get a whiff of mildew.
Sibling Brewers
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

I hate work.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

mtsoxfan wrote:OK, not beer related... other than it causes me to drink...
We bought a new dishwasher 4 months ago. After two days, it smells like something died in it. I took it apart, sawa nothing. Running vinegar during the wash takes care of it.... for two days. Today, I went through soup to nuts, spray arms, filter dishcharge hose has proper loop.....nothing....
It is such a simple operation, but I can't find a thing..... Samsung was no help. they said other than garbage left in there, nothing else can go wrong... bastarges.....
You may have a loop, I'd verify it has water in it which is what's blocking the sewer gas. However, it SHOULD be hooked to your kitchen drain above the trap, so that shouldn't be an issue since the trap has water in it.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

The drain is above the trap, it does go above the level of the sink, so it can't backfill, and after spending 30+minutes online with Samsung, they will "elevate" my concern. Still wouldn't give me an email so I could file a formal complaint... never refused, just kept dodging my request.

They are having lots o trouble with this complaint, as I've read online.... I'll have to look into the class action... really not sure what that means or what it will do besides pad a lawyers pocket... (sorry if there are any lawyers on here)
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

any way of "inserting" a loop to make a small in line water trap?

oh, and call the BBB on thier passive agressive ASteroids.

mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

yes, it is worth a try. There is water at the pump that seals off gas..... but they say that the water is what is smelling, so I should take apart the filter and wipe out after each use.... Really??
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

mtsoxfan wrote:yes, it is worth a try. There is water at the pump that seals off gas..... but they say that the water is what is smelling, so I should take apart the filter and wipe out after each use.... Really??
Ok, I've heard some retarded stuff... but, um, you might want to consider getting a different modle from a different vender... :wow:

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

So anyway, I was at the Moose Lodge last night. Bud taps are getting nasty to me after home brewing for three years. Only other thing they have on tap is Yeungling, which is better .... but still.

I may sip scotch or wine there next time, after a meeting.

Maybe they have bottled Sammies, I'll have to ask. But, I don't think they do.