Did this to 49 bottles

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: Did this to 49 bottles

Post by BrownstotheBone »

You don't know how sad that makes me Inkleg! (for many reasons) ;)

Wouldn't you know I was just looking for a thread about how to detect an infection. I'm all nervous because of some mentions, and the thread Inkleg posted of the living-room that got shrapneled.

I just bottled my second batch last week (first time batch priming) and keep checking to see if I see anything funny in one of the 4 Grolsch bottles I used. (because I can see in it)

As a newbie I'm a bit freaked out about this because I don't know the signs. (glad I found this thread) I guess if I hear some noise coming from the basement and the animals are upstairs I know I have a problem!

Thanks for any info given. Guess you just have to play the waiting game unless you see any signs in the bottle, no? (as far as infections go)
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by haerbob3 »

Sorry for your loss!!! The only gusher I ever had like that were from the MR B stout recipes. Had to let them chillax for a couple of weeks in the frig. Sad, cause I like my dark beers at cellar temp.
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
Rayyankee
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Rayyankee »

Like haerbob i had that happen on some of the stout beers from MRB what a shame too becase they were quite tasty if you got to drink them LOL
Connie

Post by Connie »

Paying my respects by a moment of silence