The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Inkleg »

Damn Jim, glad y'all are ok. I've been outside brewing in the rain all day. It got a little heavy at times, but not tornado heavy.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Chuck N wrote:I think this just might be a bad time of year for ordering hops. That and they are getting a lot more demand year after year. Next time your ordering and the site tells you they're out of a particular hop go to the Hop Union site and peruse their guide for a suitable replacement. It won't be exactly what you want but it's better than getting raped with all that shipping. And WAY better than not having at least some home brew.
Thanks. I ordered from them also. They did not have all I needed. I was just frustrated. If that LHBS (that was supposed to open last spring) don't open soon, I'm gonna go nuts, er.... nuttier.

Glad your alright jj, those big wind tunnels can get scary.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Bare( :p ) with me folks, I'm the kinda guy who can break a anvil with a rubber mallet. Computers have never been one of my strong points, heck my phone still flips. Anyhow, I've always gotten the hand me down computers from my wife. That's not changed, but now I'm going from a Dell to a Mac. Been playing with it a hour now and I REALLY like it. All my pictures are still on the other one for now so no kilt pictures today, sorry. :lol:
Last edited by Inkleg on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

the only McIntosh I want looks like this:

McIntosh.png
McIntosh.png (40.54 KiB) Viewed 903 times

:laugh
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Inkleg wrote:Bare( :p ) with me folks, I'm the kinda guy who can break a anvil with a rubber mallet. Computers have never been one of my strong points, heck my phone still flips. Anyhow, I've always gotten the hand me down computers for my wife. That's not changed, but now I'm going from a Dell to a Mac. Been playing with it a hour now and I REALLY like it. All my pictures are still on the other one for now so no kilt pictures today, sorry. :lol:
I've always wanted a Mac, but could always buy windows computers so much cheaper so I never got one (yet). I really like my Iphone, so easy to use. A Mac is in my future.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Inkleg wrote:Bare( :p ) with me folks, I'm the kinda guy who can break a anvil with a rubber mallet. Computers have never been one of my strong points, heck my phone still flips. Anyhow, I've always gotten the hand me down computers for my wife. That's not changed, but now I'm going from a Dell to a Mac. Been playing with it a hour now and I REALLY like it. All my pictures are still on the other one for now so no kilt pictures today, sorry. :lol:
DOH!!! Just before THE Borg Meet Up to beat all meet ups! Hope it doesn't mean we will miss all the good stuff from the trip. :(

BB2's "puter fried after a power outage and we were trying to get a laptop as replacement in time to do the learning curve before our trip but it didn't happen.

Totally get the transition problems you've got to go through; fortunately you've got Bella to sit in your lap to help you through the stressful stuff so you should be fine. :banana:

Don't forget DWRHAHB is handy when you get to the fold out/map like/totally unhelpful stupid numbered pictures/graphics instruction sheet that came in the box comes into play.

<a comment about asian manufacturing trends that would have been deleted by the moderators if I mentioned it >

:cheers:
Sibling Brewers
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Ooops! I did it again! :banana:
1129140823.jpg
1129140823.jpg (85.92 KiB) Viewed 886 times
A smallish doe at 8:00 Saturday morning of the first day of Minnesota's muzzle-loader season.

As you can see I'm more interested in eating venison than hanging racks on my walls. This one came in with a small buck behind her but I figured I had the doe permit (Minnesota runs their deer hunts back-wards in my opinion. We need a permit - chosen by lottery - to take a doe but any deer license can take a buck) so I decided to take her and let the buck go.

They're an animal that never ceases to amaze me with their will to live. This one took a .54 cal ball through both lungs and still managed to put two hundred yards behind her before she gave up the ghost.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

She sure looks tasty Chuck!
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

My neighbor brought us some venison tamales. Never had that before.They were delish!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
myhorselikesbeer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by myhorselikesbeer »

Nice job Chuck!!! Our regular rifle season starts tomorrow here in PA. I have yet to get one with the smoke pole, but tomorrow could be the day as my 16 year old wants to use my British 303. Congratulations.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Way to go Chuck! It's been too darn cold to bow hunt here of late, wind chill is -30 this am... no way I'm going out.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I stopped at my favorite beer store last night to get a six pack of a winter ale to take to a winter ale tasting this Saturday night. While I was there I was talking to the store manager about a number of different things. We ended up talking about darker beers. He asked if I had ever had Triple Digit Brewing Chickow. I told him I had never heard of it. He told me it was from Cincinnati and that it was a Double Brown Ale brewed with Hazelnuts and that it was awesome. He disappeared into the back room and re-appeared with one 12 oz bottle of it. He handed it to me and told me it was his last bottle and to take it home with me. I was floored. I looked at the price tag on the cap and it was $14.99. Wow, what a nice gesture. And $14.99 for a 12 oz bottle, yikes. I'll have to drop off a couple bottles of my beer as a payback soon.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

That's way cool Chris.

I've found a few Home brews given here and there have been rewarded many times over.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Good night of bowling tonight! Won 2 of 3 games and had a great series. Shot 289, 269, 248 for an 806 series. Happy with the night overall!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Witnessed another Mr. Beer kit purchase today. Told him about this place. And a few other things....
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.