Mr Beer Forum

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Mr Beer Forum

Post by joechianti »

braukasper wrote:Was just over there reading posts from years ago. When a lot of us so called ole timers were the noobs very interesting!!
Yes, and I'm really glad thet recovered those old threads. A lot of good information as well as good memories.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

That actually could be a fun read seeing how many of us asked things like, "If I cold crash my beer will there be enough yeast left over to carbonate it?"

<raises hand>
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

Kealia wrote:That actually could be a fun read seeing how many of us asked things like, "If I cold crash my beer will there be enough yeast left over to carbonate it?"

<raises hand>
Yes, there were a lot of humorous moments back there. I'm barely a teenager in my brewing development, and I remember asking plenty of questions myself that must have been humorous to anyone with any experience at all. Finding this group of brewers and friends is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I re-visited that forum and made a couple replies to posts there in the last few weeks. Yes they have made it Alot better then it was after the "upgrade". But I kind'a think like Beer-lord, I haven't used their products in almost 2 years, except for helping a friend brew a couple MB batches. I have no experience with the newer MB refills so I can't be of no help there. The posts I did comment on were basic about well water and 05 yeast, I really wouldn't be much help over there anymore for the most part. I will say it looks like the company's attitude has changed for the better and it shows in their forum.
Last edited by berryman on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
braukasper
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by braukasper »

A lot of what we can do is listen to the new brewers. For me MR said they F--CKED UP!! Let us see what happens. I know I will not buy their products to brew with. I have out grown MR B. Just don't want to see anybody quit because of bad advice
Lebe das Leben. Um in vollen Zügen. Trinken zu Hause brauen!
Live life. To the fullest. Drink home brew!!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

braukasper wrote:A lot of what we can do is listen to the new brewers. For me MR said they F--CKED UP!! Let us see what happens. I know I will not buy their products to brew with. I have out grown MR B. Just don't want to see anybody quit because of bad advice
I read that too. They finally admitted to their eff-up. I agree, I don't want to see anybody quit their product line because of bad advice, but it does not bother me to see them get smart and move to brew demon. That POR hops, well, manure really, that they now use should be enough to drive them to a better product. BUT, I won't be the one telling them, I have no use for the site after their really bad eff-up and the insulting way they handled their serious eff-up. All I did was try to tell the newbies where the BORG and experienced ppl were that could HELP them.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Mr Beer and its' forum are, to me, like my first girl friend. I thought she was so beautiful at the time but now that I look at the old snap-shots i realize that she really wasn't. And apparently Mr. Beer feels the same way about me. I can't get logged in and I don't want to go in a a "newbie". But, hey! Mr. Beer got me started in this wonderful hobby and for that there will always be a special place in my soul for them. And although they didn't treat me badly they treated some of my friends (who now reside in this forum) badly and unfairly. You screw with my friends, you screw with me.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Chuck N wrote: they treated some of my friends (who now reside in this forum) badly and unfairly. You screw with my friends, you screw with me.

Awwww, blush-blush... I did not realize u cared! :urock:
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
braukasper
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by braukasper »

I know what you are saying Chuck & you too John. Like you John I was banned. Told to "Go and F*****, ______ ******* myself" by their former president. I just don't want the noobies to get screwed. I would have quit brewing if I did not get the proper instructions for using their product. I feel that they are way over priced. I would rather have some one come over and brew with me for a while. Learn how to brew all grain first then find the method that will work the best for them.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

No way! That's what they literally told you? What did you do?
I'm on a dozen forums for over 10 years and never has there been a forum as good as this one. This is really a very happy family. I'm sure we're disfunctional all but who the heck cares. There's love, warts and moles included.
Group hug
Attachments
hugwelcome.gif
hugwelcome.gif (97.29 KiB) Viewed 753 times
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
braukasper
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by braukasper »

Had a shit fit. Their pres sent that to me in an email it got worse from there. I was banned for hiding links to the Borg in pics. I got one the if you continue doing this blah blah blah. So I emailed customer service got more of the same and told them were to insert their opinions, their products and where Mr President should put them in his person. So it got quite colorful :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: I was very surprised when I checked there after TT started this thread and could log in, made a couple of posts

yep this is home
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

braukasper wrote:hiding links to the Borg in pics.
That was genius!! :lol:
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

Dang. I sure missed a lot of excitement. I think I just got so bored and disappointed that I drifted away before all the stuff hit the fan. Heard a little bit about it here, but never realized how brutal it got. Wow. Just wow. Was that CEO Mike that y'all were dealing with?
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I feel the same way Chuck does. The MB forum was instrumental in getting me started, but, like the MB kits, I have just outgrown it. It was great for what it was and for the time I needed it.

But, to continue the "first girlfriend" analogy, if you're in a relationship with someone and they really mess things up by treating you and your friends badly, to the point where they drive you away, and then do a 180 and say, "Oh, I've changed, please come back," well... screw with me once, shame on you; screw with me twice, shame on me.

I'll always be grateful for Mr. Beer getting me started with this great pastime, and I'll always have fond memories of that forum. But I have fond memories of high school, too. That doesn't mean I want to hang out with 16-year-olds.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

FedoraDave wrote: That doesn't mean I want to hang out with 16-year-olds.
Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe