The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

Back in Jan. I posted a pic in this thread as a little guessing game. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=235&start=1335 Well I'm still working on it and it's coming out good so far. When totally done I'll post the whole build, but had to show this because it looks so cool so far. :)
I hope the rollers are ruff enough because that was the coarsest knurling tool I have.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

berryman wrote:Back in Jan. I posted a pic in this thread as a little guessing game. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=235&start=1335 Well I'm still working on it and it's coming out good so far. When totally done I'll post the whole build, but had to show this because it looks so cool so far. :)
I hope the rollers are ruff enough because that was the coarsest knurling tool I have.
Niiiiice. Can't wait to see the finished product!!
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Looks good enough to pull the grains through. And as that is the purpose of the knurling...now it's up to the "gap" you set.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Yankeedag wrote:Looks good enough to pull the grains through. And as that is the purpose of the knurling...now it's up to the "gap" you set.
Yes and I'm not 100% sure what it will need to be, This one I am building will go from 0 to .100 thou. The front roller is on eccentric bushings. The one I am using for a reference says it comes preset at .040 so I guess that would be my starting point.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

berryman wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:Looks good enough to pull the grains through. And as that is the purpose of the knurling...now it's up to the "gap" you set.
Yes and I'm not 100% sure what it will need to be, This one I am building will go from 0 to .100 thou. The front roller is on eccentric bushings. The one I am using for a reference says it comes preset at .040 so I guess that would be my starting point.
Yep.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

That mill is SUPER BAD ASS, takes home brewed to a whole new level.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Pretty excited about this news. My LHBS, which is about 10 minutes away, sold to another person this past week. THANK GOD! Nothing but disappointment every time I walked in there. Never have the yeast i'm looking for or just sold out of something I walked in the door for. Usually nothing but excuses and advisement on when the next delivery should be in.

Since I am an officer of my brew club I reached out to the new owners and invited them to our brew club meeting for April, which they gladly accepted. Figured they will need about 2-3 weeks to get the store set up the way they want it and get their inventory right. Hopefully it was a good change of hands. Of course, if it wasn't, there is another brew store 30 minutes north which I know will have what I need.
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Wow! Got my order from Farmhouse today for my Pale ale this weekend. Ordered 4oz of Cascade, Centennial and Citra..... yea, its going to be awesome! Anyways, the Cascade crop from 2014 was mega!! The AA is 7.4%!! That is really high for Cascade. They are usually somewhere in the 5-6% range. Looks like I'll have plenty for a few batches :)
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I've never gotten bad hops from Farmhouse.
Wow, my Cascade (about 4 months old ) is only 5.7%. That's quite high. Let me know if you can taste/smell the difference.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

My new toy!

http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/5 ... er-filler/

I highly recommend getting one of these for those of you with kegerators. Just attach some 3/8 ID tubing, cut the bottom part at an angle, insert other end into your faucet and pour! Fills the growlers great without much mess so I can bring it to my club meetings. Got it today and naturally had to try it out. Worked great. 2 growlers filled in about 3 minutes. Wiped down and ready for my meeting wednesday.
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Got one but not from Farmhouse. Mine came with a tube attached.
Make sure to clean it well after use.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

I drew a pour from my keg today and it was a little cloudy but I know that the first couple can be that way. A head drew from the beer but you could tell that it hadn't absorbed well yet because it tasted a bit flat. I know, I'm getting way too ahead of myself, but it's hard to wait! Just getting real excited about having draft beer at home!
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Beer-lord wrote:Got one but not from Farmhouse. Mine came with a tube attached.
Make sure to clean it well after use.
Yea, I saw those options with Midwest and Northern but I was ordering from Farmhouse which had them seperate. Fine by me as I need some extra hose as well so ordered a few feet of it too. Was still almost as cheap as buying the whole setup.
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

philm00x wrote:I drew a pour from my keg today and it was a little cloudy but I know that the first couple can be that way. A head drew from the beer but you could tell that it hadn't absorbed well yet because it tasted a bit flat. I know, I'm getting way too ahead of myself, but it's hard to wait! Just getting real excited about having draft beer at home!
I've found that for me and my system, a setting between 10-12 gets me carbed in 5-7 days but add another week and it's perfect and clear.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Beer-lord wrote:
philm00x wrote:I drew a pour from my keg today and it was a little cloudy but I know that the first couple can be that way. A head drew from the beer but you could tell that it hadn't absorbed well yet because it tasted a bit flat. I know, I'm getting way too ahead of myself, but it's hard to wait! Just getting real excited about having draft beer at home!
I've found that for me and my system, a setting between 10-12 gets me carbed in 5-7 days but add another week and it's perfect and clear.
Pretty much where I am at too on the pressure and time, I waited 2-3 weeks for it to ferment so another week to 10 days isn't gonna kill me. I am planning on hitting up Farmhouse, drive right by, when we go to Wisconsin for the grand daughters birthday at the end of this month.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013