Widmer Upheaval IPA

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Widmer Upheaval IPA

Post by Kealia »

I didn't take pic, but I will link to the page for this beer.

The aroma is very familiar at first - mostly Simoce I think. I'm admittedly still not great at picking out specific flavors and smells and matching them to certain hops. Interesting enough, after just a few minutes the aroma became a lot more complex. Piney, fruity.......and looking at the page now I see a mix of hops used and I swear I can pick up just a hint of Nelson Sauvin in it. I don't recall what their "Alchemy" blend is, but it's familiar from a few of their other beers, too.

Pours a little hazy, leaning slightly towards the orange-hue end of the spectrum.

Taste is at first sip piney. As with the aroma, after a few more sips/a few more minutes it becomes more complex. It must be from warming just a bit.

It's pretty good, actually. My wife picked up a sixer because she saw it and knew I hadn't tired it (gotta love her) so I have a few more to drink and see what I really think after a few (not tonight, mind you).

It's not a "wow, I have to go find more of this" beer, but it's better than I thought it would be.

:night: