The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by RickBeer »

My LHBS used to have the taps in back. They moved them out into the store, but...

1) There are always a bunch of fruit flies all over.

2) Taps are often dry.

3) If I ran the store, I would brew recipes that we sold. Example - Tap #1 is Irish Red (recipe 530, bin 4). They brew whatever they want to, almost never a store recipe, usually says things like "Fred's Brown Ale".

To me this is one of the big "misses" at my LHBS, any good retailer would think the same.
Last edited by RickBeer on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

Ok I was just talking to the owner and he said we have taps behind the boxes for the display items. Also said I can brew on the job.(insert happy dance). No flies in ours...well no more than anywhere else. For the record the Coopers I mentioned is carried by our store. We also carry some Muntons, Brewferm HMEs, and Brew House Wort kits as well as True Brew extract kits. We have no brews on tap, store is to small for another fridge/freezer but have 6 or 8 bottles in the fridge with the yeast. Ask and you shall receive.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

JohnSant wrote:My LHBS always has Home Brew on tap for everyone to try, thought that was the norm.
In Utah, that would be against the law. I would imagine that's the case in some other states, also. Utah only allows a brewer to share with family.
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

bpgreen wrote:
JohnSant wrote:My LHBS always has Home Brew on tap for everyone to try, thought that was the norm.
In Utah, that would be against the law. I would imagine that's the case in some other states, also. Utah only allows a brewer to share with family.
All Home Brewers are part of one big family, aren't we?
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by JohnSant »

Besides taps my LHBS also has a constant brew of something going Beer but Wine also, a large section of the store has wine making items. They have a beer making class about once a quarter or as needed depending on sign up.
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Steaming towards the station! Traveling Red and The Mather Steamship Cali-Common heading to the finish. Red is @ 1.010 from 1.047 and Cali-Common is @ 1.008 from 1.051.
Attachments
Red/left, Steam/right
Red/left, Steam/right
image.jpg (242.12 KiB) Viewed 2254 times
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by JohnSant »

Man those look real clear and soooooo gooooooooood.
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

JohnSant wrote:Besides taps my LHBS also has a constant brew of something going Beer but Wine also, a large section of the store has wine making items. They have a beer making class about once a quarter or as needed depending on sign up.

Actually the last guy was working on a chocolate/orange port. I just racked to another car boy made it killed the yeast , added potassium sorbate, degassed, and added the fining agents today. I think I'll let it set till next week to be sure it's clear then bottle.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I'm drinking a few beers tonight, enough said on the no-post............................. :shots:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

berryman wrote:I'm drinking a few beers tonight, enough said on the no-post............................. :shots:
Buggety Buggety Buggety...

You go boy!

:cool:
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

So I haven't been on much lately. Once again my brewing took a back seat to life for a few months. Damn relatives keep coming in town to visit which means we have to clean and run errands and blah blah blah!! As much as that sucks it was nice to have some family in town to visit with.

On another note I have been interviewing these past 2 weeks with Nationwide. Just had my second interview today and felt it went extremely well. I should know something by the end of next week as they want to hire and have someone starting on 10/23 (my anniversary :wow: ). Gonna owe my wife for that one. Will have to be away for a few weeks when that happens. It would be a huge deal for us as they would be offering about $10K higher than what I make now. Found out during my interview today that I make about $3K less than what I should be making in the area I work. Not a huge deal to me when I started as I had no experience but now that I have proven myself it would be nice to be paid what I am worth. Anywho, when I get the offer I will post something here and set up a nice long brew week as I have some vacation time saved up that I can put to use before leaving my current employer :)
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
pocketjr
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by pocketjr »

D_Rabbit wrote:So I haven't been on much lately. Once again my brewing took a back seat to life for a few months. Damn relatives keep coming in town to visit which means we have to clean and run errands and blah blah blah!! As much as that sucks it was nice to have some family in town to visit with.

On another note I have been interviewing these past 2 weeks with Nationwide. Just had my second interview today and felt it went extremely well. I should know something by the end of next week as they want to hire and have someone starting on 10/23 (my anniversary :wow: ). Gonna owe my wife for that one. Will have to be away for a few weeks when that happens. It would be a huge deal for us as they would be offering about $10K higher than what I make now. Found out during my interview today that I make about $3K less than what I should be making in the area I work. Not a huge deal to me when I started as I had no experience but now that I have proven myself it would be nice to be paid what I am worth. Anywho, when I get the offer I will post something here and set up a nice long brew week as I have some vacation time saved up that I can put to use before leaving my current employer :)

:clink: Best of luck friend!
Lenwoode & Merle
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Good Luck D and just keep reminding the MRS about that extra 10K in the bank; the anniversary after this could be very nice indeed. ;)

:cheers:
Sibling Brewers
pocketjr
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by pocketjr »

I asked SWMBO to pick up a lotto ticket last night while I was at work.
She didn't get a chance.
Winning ticket (60mil) sold in our town……… :blink:
Lenwoode & Merle
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

pocketjr wrote:I asked SWMBO to pick up a lotto ticket last night while I was at work.
She didn't get a chance.
Winning ticket (60mil) sold in our town……… :blink:
$60 mil. Canadian? That's only, like $45 mil U.S. How could anyone expect to live off that?
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence