I Miss my brew buddies!

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

I Miss my brew buddies!

Post by RayF »

I'm guilty of not participating with the Borg since I joined. I miss the old crew from MBF! I would like to get to know some of you that already frequented the Borg. I have been pretty busy with work and my latest remodeling project at home to bother brewing. I should wrap up my remodeling within the next 4 weeks or so. I'm hoping to get back to building my eherms after that and brew up some awesome beer.

I hope to see all of you using the Tap Room soon so I can catch up with everyone!
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I Miss my brew buddies!

Post by LouieMacGoo »

Welcome back! I hate when life gets in the way of brewing, talking about brewing and doing brewing related stuff. I think most of us can totally relate. Just know that no matter how frequent or infrequent you visit you are always welcome! :borg:
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

I had and have life getting in the way of both brewing and plugging into the :borg: so I hear you.

Be assured it has happened to many of the great folks here but none are ever completely forgotten and as a :borg: bonus venting and or ranting is very well tolerated when it an extremely difficult time.

As Borgies we all have the same general interest (home brew) to bring us all together but we also happen to "click" as a group and be a very caring and supportive bunch as well.

So Welcome Back and come on in. :welcome:

:cheers:
Sibling Brewers
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

RayF wrote:I'm guilty of not participating with the Borg since I joined. I miss the old crew from MBF! I would like to get to know some of you that already frequented the Borg. I have been pretty busy with work and my latest remodeling project at home to bother brewing. I should wrap up my remodeling within the next 4 weeks or so. I'm hoping to get back to building my eherms after that and brew up some awesome beer.

I hope to see all of you using the Tap Room soon so I can catch up with everyone!
I was wondering what happened to you. I keep looking for you on wednesdays for a drunken after pool chat. I still need to get beer to ya
brewnewb
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewnewb »

I figured Ray was still in mourning from that beat down Jake Arrietta and the Cubs laid on our beloved Buccos in the wild card game.
Thirsting For Knowledge
RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by RayF »

brewnewb wrote:I figured Ray was still in mourning from that beat down Jake Arrietta and the Cubs laid on our beloved Buccos in the wild card game.

F the Cubs! :evil:
RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by RayF »

Whamolagan wrote:
RayF wrote:I'm guilty of not participating with the Borg since I joined. I miss the old crew from MBF! I would like to get to know some of you that already frequented the Borg. I have been pretty busy with work and my latest remodeling project at home to bother brewing. I should wrap up my remodeling within the next 4 weeks or so. I'm hoping to get back to building my eherms after that and brew up some awesome beer.

I was wondering what happened to you. I keep looking for you on wednesdays for a drunken after pool chat. I still need to get beer to ya

I go in the Tippy Tap Room but no one is ever there! That shout box was the best because as soon as you entered the site everyone would see what's up!
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

I agree about the shout box. The tap room is usually empty and I haven't been in a while. I will go there more often and hope to see you there.
RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by RayF »

Where has Jon been? I figured he would have been the top Poster by now!
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

He hasn't been aroundfor a month or so.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

RayF wrote:That shout box was the best because as soon as you entered the site everyone would see what's up!
Late Wednesday night/early Thursday AM, Ray was usually what was up in the shout box, IIRC.

Often shouting at himself (sometimes even arguing).
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

yeah that was what was so fun about it. And depending how his pool game went the more entertaining
Pudge
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Pudge »

I've had some MBF withdrawals myself. I miss the shout box and honestly the award winning recipe forum. I really did scroll through those periodically when building a recipe of my own.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Pudge wrote:I've had some MBF withdrawals myself. I miss the shout box and honestly the award winning recipe forum. I really did scroll through those periodically when building a recipe of my own.
I suspect adding something like the shout box is a less than trivial effort, but I think adding a forum might not be too difficult.

I'm not sure what the process is for suggesting forum changes, though. I know there have been a few hints in some threads that a food forum might be nice. Suggesting a forum for award winning recipes in a thread might or might not be seen.

Does anybody know the "right" way to ask for a new forum? I don't think the hints for a food forum have met with success. Do we need to ask Leigh directly via PM?
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

A PM is how I got the BOTM to get going. I think a shout box would be hard to do.