Dual Regulator set up

Have a question on how to keg your beer or just want some tips on bottling! Don't stick a cork in it until you ask the Borg!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Dual Regulator set up

Post by MrBandGuy »

I got a set of dual Taprite regulators for Christmas and finally got around to setting it up. I reused my 2 way manifold on one line to give me three gas lines, using the manifold on the gauge closest to the tank (let's call this gauge 1).

What I noticed tonight is that when I used the split line to seal some kegs, the pressure on gauge 2, the outside, shot up in psi.

In setting up my lines, I figured gauge 1 would have to be higher than gauge 2. That's why I split that one. So, two questions, I guess: 1) Am I correct in thinking that gauge 1 should be set higher than gauge 2 or does it not matter? And 2) should I have split gauge 2 instead of gauge 1?

I'm sure I should have asked this before I started, but what's the fun in that?
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Dual Regulator set up

Post by Inkleg »

MrBandGuy wrote: 1) Am I correct in thinking that gauge 1 should be set higher than gauge 2 or does it not matter? And
2) should I have split gauge 2 instead of gauge 1?
#1) Does not matter
#2) Does not matter

You can run either gauge as high or low as you want without effecting the other. Gauge #1 has a pass through to run #2 at tank pressure, with each gauge controlled individually with the adjustment screw. The reason #2 shot up higher is because it is set higher, just adjust it to where you want it.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Dual Regulator set up

Post by MrBandGuy »

Ok, cool. I thought maybe I was missing something.