Hellfire Amber Ale Bottled

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: Hellfire Amber Ale Bottled

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Sounds good, keep us updated. I've got a 2G batch of this in bottles looking forward to tasting it.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
dallen5tak

Post by dallen5tak »

TonyKZ1 wrote:Sounds good, keep us updated. I've got a 2G batch of this in bottles looking forward to tasting it.
Please let me know how the flavor is and maybe what beer on the market it's close to.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Well, according to BrewDemon on it's recipe plus page "Brewing Note: This recipe will taste similar to NewCastle's Brown Ale." That's one of our favorite beers, so I guess we'll see. If so, I might have to keep it in the pipeline and make it more often.

I'm hoping the Ye Olde Devil Nut Brown Ale will taste similar as I've been brewing a bunch of that plus series recipe.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
dallen5tak

Post by dallen5tak »

TonyKZ1 wrote:Well, according to BrewDemon on it's recipe plus page "Brewing Note: This recipe will taste similar to NewCastle's Brown Ale." That's one of our favorite beers, so I guess we'll see. If so, I might have to keep it in the pipeline and make it more often.

I'm hoping the Ye Olde Devil Nut Brown Ale will taste similar as I've been brewing a bunch of that plus series recipe.
Thanks, TonyKZ1
dallen5tak

Post by dallen5tak »

Bought some Newcastle brown ale, added 6 drops of cinnamon oil for flavor, didn't mix in at all, went to the bottom of the glass. So, not wasting my brew that way.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Interesting experiment, thanks for sharing.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Should have given it a gentle stir to see what it could bring. Even at small amounts like that "oil" will kill head retention. If you want to add cinnamon flavor put a stick in some neutral clear spirits to make a tincture, it insures sanitizing if you want to add it into the fermenter. Maybe even crack the stick into pieces for more surface area and quicker flavoring.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
dallen5tak

Post by dallen5tak »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:Should have given it a gentle stir to see what it could bring. Even at small amounts like that "oil" will kill head retention. If you want to add cinnamon flavor put a stick in some neutral clear spirits to make a tincture, it insures sanitizing if you want to add it into the fermenter. Maybe even crack the stick into pieces for more surface area and quicker flavoring.
I did stir it in but no go, just settled to the bottom of my glass, made for a hot ending though.