Thinking to much

Yes BrewDemon and Mr. Beer kits are pretty darn easy but sometime you need a little help from the Borg to get you on the right track. Post your questions here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Thinking to much

Post by mashani »

Tmike wrote:Ok i made mistake i dont have LBK. I have Brew Demon 2 gall Conical. Do yall think the lil sour flavor was trub? Either way its in bottles priming. My third batch twisted monk is on second day fermenting . Looks like wort is forcing its way through the plastic spigot valve. Its not leaking from hole its leaking from nozzle top. Wish i could figure how load pictures from my cell phone.
I would guess the sour was the trub/yeast since the rest tasted fine. And I think I mentioned, if so, those bottles should turn out fine, they will just have more bottle trub that you will want to avoid pouring into your glass.

If the wort is leaking from around the ring at the outer top of the valve, maybe that part screws on and you can tighten it (it screws on on my locking spigots at least). If so, to clean your spigot you can unscrew it and disassemble the whole thing. I don't have the old spigots anymore, I chucked them so can't look and say for sure.

*Do not unscrew it now or you will make a huge mess. Wort will shoot out of there like crazy* But you can try to tighten it.

If it is leaking out from the little hole where the lever goes into the top, then is it continuously leaking or is there just a drop of something sitting there? When you use the spigot, sometimes a drop will get there. It might be left over from when you cleaned your fermenter and poured sanitizer out of the spigot (you did that right? If not... for the future... ALWAYS DO THAT!!!), it might not be an actual "leak" if it isn't actually dripping continuously.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Sometimes, slow leaks are "self healing" because the wort will sort of seal the leak.
Tmike

Post by Tmike »

Thats correct i did let one step flow through the spigot , but i was reading on here that i should take it apart and clean all inside. Didnt know could do that. The leak is from the knob part going into valve top where it is leaking but it did stop. Just got some sticky wort come out and staying around that ring but the leak did stop. After this third batch i will try to take it all apart b4 use it again.
Tmike

Post by Tmike »

Ok update. First batch is long gone best beer out batch was last one. Second batch halfway gone , Hellfire red. Some bottles were delicious some were lil pickle flavor. Rest are still conditioning room temp. Third batch twisted monk didnt try yet fell sick and on heavy cough meda and antibiotics so no beer. My question is how long can the beer be sitting in the room temp bottle conditioning. Leaving it condition bottle prime wouldnt it be like just letting it stay in fermentor whole time? How long can i keep em b4 they need go in fridge?
monsteroyd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by monsteroyd »

it will keep for months, you're cool.

Monty
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Tmike, I have bottles of beer in boxes in my basement that have never seen a fridge that are anywhere from 4 to 18 months old and all perfectly fine.

So no stress should you have.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

mashani wrote:Tmike, I have bottles of beer in boxes in my basement that have never seen a fridge that are anywhere from 4 to 18 months old and all perfectly fine.

So no stress should you have.
Same here... They will change (age) over time, some for the better, some not so much, but they will still be beer!

:cool:
Tmike

Post by Tmike »

Ok twisted monk awesome beer. It is so smooth and flavorful. Dont know if im getting better beer making or it just a good beer, but it my favorite so far, and i really liked the other two before also.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Tmike wrote:Ok twisted monk awesome beer. It is so smooth and flavorful. Dont know if im getting better beer making or it just a good beer, but it my favorite so far, and i really liked the other two before also.
Both! :flag:

Glad it's workin' for ya'!

:cool: