MB you have been assimilated...

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Trollby
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: MB you have been assimilated...

Post by Trollby »

Well I don't feel like even going there much now and my recent looking for purchase has not been by them.

I believe I ordered from them mainly since they provided a place I liked to visit, so buying their products was a pay back for having the place to chat.

Now since it sucks they lost my sale, I always knew I could make beer cheaper and better from scratch, just supported them since they supported my Forum habit, but not anymore
CyberCop Brewery
LBK #1
LBK #2 -
LBK #3 (GF)
LBK #4 -
Pilot Keg

Drinking:
The Jen Stout
Belgian Dubbel
Blueberry Pomegranate Mead
Linda's Hard Cider
Lemon Wine (Hard Lemonade)
RCE - Bock

Conditioning:
DoppelWine
Blueberry Mead
NW3C-IPA
Brew #62 Lawn-Mower Pilsner
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

jimjohson wrote:wow you really ticked them off, they only threatened me.
Jealous? :D
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Honestly, I have a LHBS about 3 miles from my house and I can get anything I want or need there. I've also been supporting MrB for the same reasons as those listed. I always waited until I had a large order to make the shipping charge divide out among the items purchased. At LHBS, I order online using the will call feature and then drop by the next day to pick it up. It's pretty simple.
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

Gymrat wrote:
jimjohson wrote:wow you really ticked them off, they only threatened me.
Jealous? :D
yeah, i was tryin' real hard!
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
creativewoody

Post by creativewoody »

RickBeer wrote:The biggest impact to Mr. Beer is going to be felt in web traffic. Take a look at this picture of Mr. Beer's ranking among sites.
Mrbeertraffic.JPG
With over 23% of the traffic to MrBeer.com then going to the forum, and with the forum now barely having any action, it's going to clobber their sales. Most times I went on to the forum there were over 1,000 people, mostly guests. Now there can't be 100.

In addition, the forum provided searchable content for search engine bots to find, boosting Mr. Beer's natural search traffic and therefore generating sales. By nuking the old forum and all the links to it, they lost all that. I suspect they're already seeing a drop in traffic (if anyone is looking), and a resulting drop in sales. Assuming the forum was providing support to prospects and customers which led to incremental business, that likely will also drop. In short, business will be off and they'll be hard pressed to explain why.

I was BLOWN AWAY that all the posts were gone. I spent alot of time posting my pics and putting up posts to help others that were newer than even me lol.

Then after a summer off I came back last week and it was all gone.

Stupid move by them . And they also lost a customer in the process.

Long live the beer borg.
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

RickBeer wrote:The biggest impact to Mr. Beer is going to be felt in web traffic. Take a look at this picture of Mr. Beer's ranking among sites.
Mrbeertraffic.JPG
With over 23% of the traffic to MrBeer.com then going to the forum, and with the forum now barely having any action, it's going to clobber their sales. Most times I went on to the forum there were over 1,000 people, mostly guests. Now there can't be 100.

In addition, the forum provided searchable content for search engine bots to find, boosting Mr. Beer's natural search traffic and therefore generating sales. By nuking the old forum and all the links to it, they lost all that. I suspect they're already seeing a drop in traffic (if anyone is looking), and a resulting drop in sales. Assuming the forum was providing support to prospects and customers which led to incremental business, that likely will also drop. In short, business will be off and they'll be hard pressed to explain why.
I kinda figure that the 23% of the traffic on Mr Beer site that went to the forum wouldn't translate directly into 100% sales volume. I tend to think that the greater portion of that forum traffic was exclusively for forum participation alone and less so for leading up to a purchase. I can't pretend to know exactly how much, but my gut tells me that it did generate some sales or at least assist in some purchase decisions, yet it wasn't anywhere near 100%. If 77% of the overall traffic was more directly related to sales, and say half or less of the 23% of overall traffic that went to the forum was indirectly related to sales, then I figure the impact to sales from ruining the forum was very loosely perhaps in the 10% to 12% of total sales, if that. Of course, that's purely hypothetical. Like most here, I'll always have a place in my heart for Mr Beer, and will probably make a few very minor purchases in the future, so I'm kinda sad for their troubles, but I don't think they'll be devastated, just scratched up a bit. And I have to agree with the others here who link the arrival of Coopers to the issues at Mr Beer. Oh well, need to brew today, so need to move on and read a few more threads real quick. Just happy to still be here among "family".
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by haerbob3 »

Just seems to me that MR B is afraid of any kind of competition. They basically got rid of great free tech support by the BORG. Just because we offer up alternatives to the MR B process. As I told Peter the new brewers will leave because there are more efficient, & cost effective than theirs. I will have a warm spot for the old MR B always. As my Uncle Heinz used to say they can "legte ein Ei in ihren Schuh und schlagen Sie es!" "put an egg in their shoe and beat it!! "
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

creativewoody wrote:
Mrbeertraffic.JPG

I was BLOWN AWAY that all the posts were gone. I spent alot of time posting my pics and putting up posts to help others that were newer than even me lol.

Then after a summer off I came back last week and it was all gone.

Stupid move by them . And they also lost a customer in the process.

Long live the beer borg.
fwiw your posts are still there, at least mine are right back to my first post. go to MrB/discussion forums/my threads. so if you got things you want to save like i've done with the sct-1000 controller build and the heater build and a few recipes i had failed to write in my to do book.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

I got a kick in that "8teen" seems to be the biggest poster over there today trying to pick a fight and even saying he knows where alb is. Shoot, there isnt even anyone over there anymore to flame with him. He must be so lonely....
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Just don't tell that son of a bitch where we are.

I haven't had to clown stomp anyone in a while but he'd definitely be a candidate.
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Not sure if it is another bug, or they are trying to stop the leak of people, but was just on the MrB forum and the Community Drainpipe is now completely wiped out. Im having less and less incentive to stop by to see if any of the n00bs need help.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

DaYooper wrote:Not sure if it is another bug, or they are trying to stop the leak of people, but was just on the MrB forum and the Community Drainpipe is now completely wiped out. Im having less and less incentive to stop by to see if any of the n00bs need help.
Must be you :o ...I haven't been there in a week or so. Decided to check it out after reading your post. The Community Drainpipe is there for me.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

It's there fine for me, ONCE you log on.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

D'oh!
Forgot that the "remember me" option doesn't work. Silly me.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Who are you?

(Heard on the street from the Mr. Beer forum to every visitor)...
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)