Wiseacre Adjective Animal

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Wiseacre Adjective Animal

Post by Beer-lord »

Wiseacre is in Memphis and I've already posted about their awesome beer, Gotta Get Up to Get Down (coffee milk stout) and I've also had their standard IPA Ananda which is better than many other IPA's but last night I had their DIPA, Adjective Animal. This is a small brewery and many of you are not likely to see this in your area but if you do, and you like IPA's, you'll love this one. It's not overly bitter but a mouthful of flavor.
Here's what they say about it:
This beer is going to change your life. Adjective Animal is dry hopped twice, in two different vessels, along with a great wasteful pile of hops in the kettle, and another huge tongue beating heap of hops in the whirlpool. This is as hop forward as it gets. Orange, tangerine, papaya, pine, grapefruit, and mango shall waft forth. Very tropical. Nugzilla, Citra, Falconers Flight, and Centennial hops perfection. Grumpy Giraffe, Funny Ferret, Sophisticated Owl, Ostentatious Ocelot, Cantankerous Coatimundi…you know the drill.

THE INSIDE SCOOP

Recent techniques and scienc-y scientists discovered dry hopping in the presence of yeast and post fermentation provide different reactions with hops in beer creating more variety, flavor, and aroma. We want it all and get it here as Adjective Animal takes a carnival ride through the Hop Drop Forest
http://wiseacrebrew.com/beer/
I guess you can see why I would like it! Sounds like it would be over the top and bitter but it's not. It doesn't slap your face or beat your tongue up, it just tastes great and I hope they continue to distribute here.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Wiseacre Adjective Animal

Post by John Sand »

Sounds Awesome!
I've read references recently to studies or experiments showing that dry-hopping adds flavor, and bitterness. Prior theory was that it only added aroma, which seemed silly to me. Taste hops, they are bitter. I also did my own experiment by dry hopping an old IPA in the bottle. Bitterness restored.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Just add some hops in a corny keg and see what happens. I've saved a few beers I wasn't happy with and made them drinkable (to me) by adding an ounce or two of dry hops so yeah, I agree.
Regarding the beer. I will get more soon to 'take it apart' but on first take, this was not your average IPA. Their other beers were quite stellar as well so I guess these guys will make waves in the beer-future.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I got to have a full Adjective Animal this afternoon and the aroma when you pop the top is pretty much unlike any other beer I've every had. And, it stays smelling that good throughout. There is a slight warmth from the alcohol when this warms up but it is not a detriment to this beer. It pours a bit murky and everything about this beer makes me think this is a West Coast and East Coast IPA blended together. It has the hops and aroma of the West Coast with the semi-malty but very tasty East Coast IPA.
This could be my new favorite DIPA.
IMG_1977.JPG
IMG_1977.JPG (99.39 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.2 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Whoa, better than Ghost?
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

It's different but not necessarily better. There's lots of 'great' beers I enjoy but maybe the newness of this makes it special.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

Kealia wrote:Whoa, better than Ghost?
Hey, watch it now.....you don't want to go there.

There's Ghost, then everything else :jumpy: