So.... You guys? Remember me? I have some news....

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

evily
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: So.... You guys? Remember me? I have some news....

Post by evily »

Beer-lord wrote:You're our little sister and we take care of our family.
The job sounds interesting but how are you liking your new home? Anything to brag about there?
Well, right now we're living in a hotel, as we're waiting to close on the home we're buying. So I can't brag about that (although the house we're buying is pretty cool). But I can brag about Milwaukee in general - it's an awesome city! Especially in the summer! There's so much to do, so much delicious food, and lots and lots of good beer. Breweries on every corner, kind of like Starbucks in Seattle.
:fillup
~*~*~I like big beers and I cannot lie!~*~*~
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

As others have already said, Hello and welcome! Enjoy the new job and it's kinda neat that the home brewing helped with getting a new job! Congrats.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
Bluejaye
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Bluejaye »

Welcome back.

And gheez guys, how about show some respect for a fellow borg member and not disrespect their new job.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Hi Ev and Mr. Ev!

Welcome back, congrats on the cool job, good luck with the new house!

:cool:
Foothiller
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented
Location: Northern CA (Sierra foothills) / Interests: BJCP Certified

Post by Foothiller »

Welcome back, and congrats on the new job! While the Light American style is much maligned and admittedly not my own preference, I couldn't have more admiration for the brewers' ability to keep such consistency despite so many variables from place to place and year to year, besides the need for perfection in the brewing process since any flaw would show in the product. That engineering and process management must be a fun challenge.
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

RickBeer wrote:Evily:

We have no choice but to take you back. All of the women have basically left us, I think JoeChiante scared them off. We haven't seen Brewbirds in a very long time either. It is with great pain that we do take you back, now that you work for a company that manufactures horse urine, er, I mean weak beer... :o Actually, Blue Moon isn't bad, and Molson has some ok brews.

So, yes, you can come back. :welcome:
Very Funny. And by the way, welcome back, Evily. Actually, I finally called on the Brewbirds and talked to Michelle. They're still alive and kicking, in spite of some trials and tribulations. They moved again, I think to Fayetteville, NC. She said to say hello and they miss us all. Hell, I miss us, too. Just been backed up by life, nothing horrible. Hopefully both me and them will be hanging out more before too long.
evily
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by evily »

Good to see you all again, bluejaye, BigPapaG, foothiller, and joechianti! (And thanks for defending my career choice, bluejaye :) )
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

Welcome home Evily! It's always good to have a Borgie return to the Collective. Cheers :fillup
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Good to hear the Brewbirds are ok, Joe. Have not heard anything from them in a long time.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by docpd »

Great to have you back and congrats on the new job.
Sounds like an interesting gig,
As long as you continue to brew yourself you will be forgiven for dealing with the dark side. :)
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

evily wrote:
The_Professor wrote:
evily wrote:.....one of our Coors breweries is gearing up to brew Miller product, and it has been a MAJOR undertaking.....
:unsure:
It can't be that hard to change the label on the fermentation tank.
:)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Believe it or not, they use completely different wort streams and completely different processes! (And believe it or not, I can easily taste the difference between them!)
First - welcome back! Congrats on the move and new job. You'll get no grief from me re: The Dark Side ... anyone who can make a living from beer gets a thumbs-up from me.
Regarding the above post, the part in bold begs the question: which do you prefer?? :whistle:
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
evily
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by evily »

Crazy Climber wrote: First - welcome back! Congrats on the move and new job. You'll get no grief from me re: The Dark Side ... anyone who can make a living from beer gets a thumbs-up from me.
Regarding the above post, the part in bold begs the question: which do you prefer?? :whistle:
Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I actually prefer Coors Light to Miller Lite, because I think it has more flavor (more banana and fruit esters, due to the difference in brewing process). However, with that said, I still prefer Miller Lite after a long race because it is so mild and easy to drink. :)

So. Short answer... It just depends! :cool:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Hey Evily! I forgive your transgression. At least it is still beer, and not easy beer to make. And that big time engineering that goes into making it happen has to be fun.

Go win the employee home brew comp, and maybe one of the higher ups will try it and like it and they will get your beer turned into the next big thing from one of their macro micro type places that they have a controlling interest in. That would be sweet :)
evily
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by evily »

mashani wrote:Hey Evily! I forgive your transgression. At least it is still beer, and not easy beer to make. And that big time engineering that goes into making it happen has to be fun.

Go win the employee home brew comp, and maybe one of the higher ups will try it and like it and they will get your beer turned into the next big thing from one of their macro micro type places that they have a controlling interest in. That would be sweet :)
Thanks, mashani! Great to see you again! :) I would love to have one of my homebrews make it to the bigtime. There is actually an experimental brewing department and that's basically what they do all day. We get to sample their test beers too, which is fun. Some of them are really good. Some of them are really bad. That's all part of the process, though. :cool:
braukasper
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by braukasper »

Welcome Back!!! life does throw us for some wild loops now and then. It is up to you to teach them the wisdom of the collective
Lebe das Leben. Um in vollen Zügen. Trinken zu Hause brauen!
Live life. To the fullest. Drink home brew!!