2016 Borg Fantasy Football

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BlackDuck

Re: 2016 Borg Fantasy Football

Post by BlackDuck »

Hey there, good to hear from you again. Completely understand. I just received a message from JimH saying basically the same thing; just too hectic to commit. So your not the only one. Take care and hope things slow down for you soon.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Great to hear from you Glen. Pop in again and get us caught up on how your brewing life is going.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

The 2016 Borg Fantasy Football season is on!!! We've got 8 people registered to play, that's the minimum we need. So, as of now, we'll do two divisions with 4 teams each. If we get two more people to commit, we can expand the league to a 10 team/2 division set-up. So if anyone is interested, please let me know. The deadline to adjust the league will be dependent on the draft date.

The NFL regular season starts on Thursday, September 8th. I would like to propose that our draft take place at 8:00 pm Eastern Time on Sunday September 4th. All of the preseason games will be complete and any known player injuries/issues should be determined by then. As in seasons past, this will be a live draft, but if you are unable to be online, the system will auto-draft the best possible player for you. Please post here if this date works for you. If it doesn't work for the majority, we'll look to reschedule the draft to a better date/time in order to accommodate everyone.

Playoffs will consist of the top 6 teams. The bottom team in each division will be out. The first place team in each division will have a bye week the first week of playoffs.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Dr Dink

Post by Dr Dink »

Unfortunately we will be out of town next Sunday for my wife's birthday so I would not be able to make a live draft on the 4th.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Would Saturday night the 3rd at 8 pm eastern time work for you and the rest of the group? Or are you OK with the auto draft?
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Betolis

Post by Betolis »

Anytime works for me, I'm just going to let the autopilot do all the work.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Betolis wrote:Anytime works for me, I'm just going to let the autopilot do all the work.
Yea...with only 8 teams this year, the autopilot shouldn't hurt you at all. And when the draft is over, there will be plenty of decent players left un-drafted. Playing the waiver wire on a weekly basis will be interesting this year.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Dr Dink

Post by Dr Dink »

Unfortunately, we leave Saturday afternoon. Would anyone be opposed to just doing an autodraft? You could still rank your players, but it would let everyone work with a similar line-up.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

You can surely rank your players if you can't make the draft. Not everyone has to do that though. So if some can be there live, then they can take part, but if you can't, just rank your players and change your draft settings to rely on your rankings.
Click on The Beer Borg to get into the league.
Then click on Draft on the very top bar of options, this should bring you to some draft options.
Choose Rank Your Players, then rank your players for each position.
Then change the Auto Draft If Absent From Draft to the second option.

Personally, I would just let the auto draft do the trick without ranking players. With only 8 teams, there is going to be plenty of quality players. The auto draft chooses the best option for you that is needed at that time.

EDIT...That being said, I would like to propose we leave the draft date for Sunday as originally planned. If you can't make it, you have the choice to let the auto draft do everything, or you can choose to change your settings so the auto draft relies on your rankings.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Dr Dink

Post by Dr Dink »

Do you if the autodraft picks players based on best available or need? Most autodrafts I have seen address roster need before best available (example picks up a kicker in round 10 rather than waiting until the last round or two as is customary). I've also seen them pick up IR and suspended players which is why I suggested manually ranking players. I just felt that if the majority of teams were going to miss the live draft, it might make sense to just autodraft and let the teams balance out accordingly, but I'm good with whatever method is chosen.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I think it does both at the same time, will draft the best available RB if that's what you need. However, I have seen it auto draft IR also, so I'm not sure how accurate that process can be. Let's see who else responds here to see who all will be available for the live draft. Either way, you can manually rank your players and set the auto draft to run from that if you want. And if someone is live, yours will still run from your rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

LouieMacGoo dropped me a line and said that he would be interested in playing this year. But we'll need one more to sign up to make an even 10 teams.

So, we are looking for one more. Who wants to sign up for a fun fantasy league? If your interested, post here or PM me your email address so I can send you the invite to get into the league.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Congratulations to PhotonBrewing for taking the Championship this year. He played the waiver wire and rostered a great team for the Championship game. He outcoached and outrostered someone who shall remain nameless!!!

CONGRATUALIONS, well played!!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck