Pineapple Pale Ale - How To?

Ask about and share you All Grain techniques.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Pineapple Pale Ale - How To?

Post by MrBandGuy »

It's been a while, but I bet I didn't rack it on my first attempt. I just dumped it in dry hop style. Today, I boiled and dissolved 1 campden tablet and 1/2 tsp of Potassium sorbate in a 1/4 cup water, then cooled, added to a 1 G jug, and racked the cider on top. I'll bottle tomorrow or Tuesday with some backsweetening juice, and hopefully it won't ferment. Trying to keep this one still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

In a .5 cup of water, I will mix 5 Campden tablets (potassium metabisulfate) and 2.5 teaspoons of potassium sorbate. The mixture will treat 5 gallons of beer. Here is a list of what I have done so far, and what will be done next.

Transferred the beer from primary to corny kegs, gelatin fine, cold crash and carbonate
In 3 or 4 days add the sulfate and sorbate mixture, pineapple juice and beer to clean corny kegs
Drive down to Asheville for some great beers, good company and some fun
Bottle the pineapple pale ale the second week of February

Unfortunately it won't be ready in time for the Asheville trip, there just wasn't time enough.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I completely forgot just how much extra work is involved in adding fruit, or fruit juice, to a beer. Spent another 2-3 hours cleaning kegs and transferring beer, juice and preservatives into them last night. It's a 10 gallon batch, so I'm hoping it turns out ok. Maybe if it does all the preparations needed won't seems like a lot of work.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'