What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by mashani »

I brewed my BPA with half of the above stuff, some MoreBeer Pils LME to get it up to 1.054, and some Hallertauer Tradition to finish. T-58, will ferment at ambient temps of around 57, BUT T-58 tends to go crazy, so it will spike up to around 8-10 degrees above ambient temps 2-3 days in most likely (and I will let it), and then it will slowly chill back down to 57 and stay there for a week or two until it finishes. Should turn out nice. This is a good way to use T-58 if you have not before. If it gets up into 70s you will get banana and sometimes other crazy fruity esters if it gets up into 76+ range, and I don't really want banana or fruit in this beer, just the peppery spice.

My friends dog who I am baby sitting assisted me in many ways. Keeping out the cats, picking up oven mitts, I dropped, etc. I'm baby sitting because my friends foot is put together with pins and rods and nuts and bolts and can't take care of the dog due to not being allowed to put any weight on it at all. There is a name for the beer somewhere in there, I just haven't figured it out yet. It's not lame dog BPA because the dog isn't the lame one. So ??

Mashani Missed the Meetup due to baby sitting lame friends dog BPA is too long of a name...

But that's pretty much what it is.

I promised my friend some of this beer once allowed to drink again (no drinky now due to pain meds)
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Lame Excuse BPA

On Pins and Rods BPA

Not Six Million Dollar Man BPA

Set Off the Metal Detector BPA
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

RickBeer wrote:Lame Excuse BPA
I think this might be a winner. I also unfortunately am "single dad" with 2 kids, and nobody to watch them, which is why I went ahead and took on the dog. But that's lame too.

So it works.

Meanwhile my BPA has already gotten up to 66 degrees, with the fermenter sitting right next to it hanging out at 56 degrees. Hurray for T-58.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

I will waive my normal fee of $1,200. :lol:
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I bottled a bourbon/oak chip porter that I brewed back in Dec.17. OG1.077 - FG1.017. I made this one before but it needs aging time and gets really good by the last bottle.........
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Because I never seem to have enough of it.....I brewed Levitation.....again.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Kealia wrote:Because I never seem to have enough of it.....I brewed Levitation.....again.
And because someone has to continue the tradition!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote:
Kealia wrote:Because I never seem to have enough of it.....I brewed Levitation.....again.
And because someone has to continue the tradition!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I already drank the entire 4 gallon batch of the "close enough for a hand grenade" version of that stuff I made. And I'm going to make it again, likely even closer to recipe, except for the hops - because I have another 4oz pack of the farmhouse blend ready to go into it, and they were great in what I made.
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Hey all! Finally settled in our house. See if I can swing by more often. Just kegged a competition beer. DFH in Fairfax VA is hosting a small competition judged by customers and BJCP people. We have to bring 5-15 gallons of beer to be judged. I are 10 gallons. Only 12-14 homebrewers are involved. I made a Jalapeño Saison. It tasted pretty good Saturday when I kegged it. See how it tastes in a few days after all carbed up.
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled the "Red IPL" or "India Red Lager" (IRL?). It tasted wicked.

I brewed another batch of "Lame Excuse BPA", exactly as above except finished with Triskel hops.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I will be bottling 10 gallons of Pineapple Pale Ale, give or take a six pack, into what I hope will be 22 ounce bombers. My niece is picking up the bottles as I type. The beer tastes better now than it did two weeks ago before I left for The Carolinas. I guess the extra time cold crashing and conditioning was a good idea after all.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Just got done and cleaned up bottling a Imperial Saison called Drunken Farmer today..
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

After a few delays I finally bottled the beer I brewed on MLK day which was the Wm. Younger No. 1. This was a beer that the Professor and I did as a collaboration brew almost 2 yrs ago and I finally got around to brewing it again.

The OG on this one ended up at 1.110 (target 1.098) and the FG ended up at 1.016 (target 1.040) putting at 12.1% ABV. I'm kind of surprised that the Windsor dry yeast attenuated so much. So this one is going to be a big boozy beer. I had planned to let this one have an extended conditioning of a year or more so it will be interesting to see how well this one does with age.
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I bottled a 5 gal batch of a Apple Ale today. I have over 7 cases in my pipeline now and have one more 5 to bottle in the next few days, then going to start over again brewing some more. :fillup
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Last Sunday brewed 12 gallons of Dawg LB Pale Ale, Tuesady kegged 10 gallons North Port Pils, tomorrow I'll be doing a El Dorado SMaSH for our clubs March meeting, the club is doing hop tasting everyone picked a hop that is not one of the common everyday use hops, then Sunday I will do a 12 gallon batch of Bottoms Up Brown.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013