About Jim Johnson

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: About Jim Johnson

Post by MadBrewer »

You guys have a tight little group here. Very cool some of you have been able to meet. Im sorry for the loss of your friend. My next pint will have his repects in mind.
Brew Strong My Friends...
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by dbrowning »

Jim was a good man
A couple of attempts to meet him fell through, but I talked to him on the phone a couple of times and in taproom quite a bit
And considered him a friend
Definitely a gentle giant of a man
Cincy Commons all around
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

MadBrewer wrote:You guys have a tight little group here. Very cool some of you have been able to meet. Im sorry for the loss of your friend. My next pint will have his repects in mind.
Correction. We have a tight group here. I'm a fellow mbf refugee, but we're part of the borg now.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

bpgreen wrote:
MadBrewer wrote:You guys have a tight little group here. Very cool some of you have been able to meet. Im sorry for the loss of your friend. My next pint will have his repects in mind.
Correction. We have a tight group here. I'm a fellow mbf refugee, but we're part of the borg now.
^^^^^ This, absolutely! All are Borg!

:borg:
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

BigPapaG wrote:
bpgreen wrote:
^^^^^ This, absolutely! All are Borg!

:borg:
This is true. I just meant a lot of you here go way back and have been able to meet together. Regardless It's sad news for everyone, a true shame.
Brew Strong My Friends...
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Although I did not know Jim except from a few back and forths here, I was saddened to hear of his passing. Such a devastating loss for his family. Wishing them well.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

^^Indeed. May he RIP. Thoughts and prayers with his family.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Oh, wow. Terrible news. I am happy that I got to meet him and Lisa on our Nashville meetup. Such a great guy. I'm at a loss. Hug your family and remember to enjoy your moments.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
Rayyankee
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Rayyankee »

Very sad to log on and see this Jim and i did the last RCE in the fall and he was a great guy to work with .
we had chatted quite a few times way back in the taproom and feel like i have lost a friend even though we have never met.
My thoughts and prayers to his family will drink one of the marzens we made tonight for him.
Ray
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I don't know if feasible but I like the idea set forth by the youtube community where, when one member is gone, they pick a day and everyone brews on the same day. They even get online together and bother each other while brewing.
It might be a nice idea to set aside a Jim Johnson Brew Day and everyone that can brew, does whatever they want in his honor.
Just throwing an idea out there to keep Jim in our memory.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by dbrowning »

Beer-lord wrote:I don't know if feasible but I like the idea set forth by the youtube community where, when one member is gone, they pick a day and everyone brews on the same day. They even get online together and bother each other while brewing.
It might be a nice idea to set aside a Jim Johnson Brew Day and everyone that can brew, does whatever they want in his honor.
like the idea
I'm in
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote:I don't know if feasible but I like the idea set forth by the youtube community where, when one member is gone, they pick a day and everyone brews on the same day. They even get online together and bother each other while brewing.
I like this idea also, but think it would be good to wait until next year around this time. We could start talking about it early and give everyone a chance to plan ahead and get their stuff together. I for one would brew one of his recipes..... Great Idea BL a JJ brew day.................
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by RayF »

Count me in! That's a beautiful, wonderful, touching idea! Just say when!
Rayyankee
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Rayyankee »

You can count me in as well. I also agree with berryman to wait and do it about this time next year.
Will brew up the Marzen we came up with. My Wife and I have named it
JJ festival ale.

Cheers Ray
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Ok, we can certainly wait. And we can make it an annual event if we wanted to. That way we will never forget our Borg brother.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black