Finally getting to barbecue

Nothing goes better with a home brew then a good home made meal. Have a special food recipe you would like share or a food pairing with your favorite brew. Let the Borg know here.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Finally getting to barbecue

Post by FedoraDave »

Tomorrow I'm going to smoke some ribs. I've had them in the freezer for a while, waiting for the chance to barbecue. My wife and son are heading upstate for a short spring break tomorrow. I've got tomorrow off, and also Saturday. I'm going to use Saturday as a kegging/brewing day, and tomorrow will be devoted to smoking those ribs. I took them out of the freezer a couple of days ago, and prepped and rubbed them up this afternoon.

I figure if I start the chimney at around 11:00 or so, I'll have some delicious ribs for dinner. Can't wait!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
100 Years War IPA
Fermenting/Conditioning
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- South Ferry Steam Beer
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Finally getting to barbecue

Post by berryman »

Damn that sounds good Dave, everytime I walk by my smokers (have 2) I smell and think I want to cook some meat and eat.... But waiting for just a little better weather here.
FedoraDave wrote: I've got tomorrow off, and also Saturday.
I thought you were retired too or did you get a part time job? Every Day is Saturday for me, Hell I don't even know what day it is today and don't care :)
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Re: Finally getting to barbecue

Post by FedoraDave »

I'm working part-time in the deli department of a local supermarket. Around 25 hours a week or so. It's to help make ends meet until my 401k kicks in. I have a lot more free time, but it took me a while to adjust to the varying schedule involved in shift work.

Oh, and it's supposed to be in the 60s today, so I'll really enjoy the experience of tending my low-n-slow.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
100 Years War IPA
Fermenting/Conditioning
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- South Ferry Steam Beer