What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by Kealia »

Cant go wrong with a Mosaic SMaSh - or close to it. Ive dkne a couple of Mosaic beers that have been great.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Finally after getting done with Strawberry season and getting my chicks out of the basement and getting everything cleaned up, I bottled a Fat Tire clone today. The numbers came out good and the sample tastes good, but I'd like to get just a little more of that malt backbone that FT has. I need to add something.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Hello my fellow Borgies and Borgettes! At this point I have been brewing professionally for over a year and things have been crazy but great.I have become the lead brewer and have an assistant brewer to help on day-to-day stuff. I always remind myself that I got to where I am now with help from you guys. But anyhow, I'd like to get y'all up to speed on what I've been working on lately.

We have partnered with breweries from the greater Orlando area to create an Ale Trail that has worked very well in drawing locals and tourists alike to the breweries and experience the best brews central Florida has to offer. We may not be at the same level as Tampa but we aren't far behind. Locally in Sanford, where I work, we have begun leading the town in the direction of craft beer as a tourism focal point, with our owner tagging along with the owner of Sanford Brewing, the mayor, and the head of the chamber of commerce on a trip to Asheville to pick their brains and bring back ideas. Sanford has 3 other breweries in planning, with one of those nearing the end of construction and hoping to open by the end of this year.

Also, scientists from the university of Florida have been researching hops as a new cash crop in our state, and a direct result of their research has led to several growers to harvest their first commercial crops. We have been fortunate to be able to get some local cascade hops grown an hour from our brewery to use in our red IPA that will be tapped within the next few weeks.

Wop's Hops Brewing was recently featured in the What Ales Ya podcast and they sat down with Sarah, my assistant and also with our owner, Greg. Highlighting the interview was the current rise of Sanford as a craft beer destination and what the future can bring. I was busy with things at work but they did mention my name and I appreciate that. We definitely follow a teamwork philosophy and it has proven to be a winning formula.

I do update my facebook and Instagram feeds often with pictures and info so feel free to follow me on either of those. I don't post often here anymore but I do still homebrew once in a while when I get a chance, and I do think about you guys all the time. To think, I started on a Mr. Beer kit 5 years ago as an anniversary gift...ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Great to hear from you and congrats for your hard work and success. Keep us updated. I hope one day I can pass by and visit you and enjoy your work
And, nice glass. You must know someone special!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Very good deal Phil and happy for you. Living a job that you enjoy and are good at. we will FB message sometime soon when we both get the time. in the mean time keep up the good work and brew beer. I want to sample some of that beer sometime......................
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I'm happy to hear you're doing so well Phil, sounds like you're in a very good place right now, enjoy! It just goes to show that hard work and determination eventually pays off in ways we can't even imagine. If I'm ever in the area I will stop in to share a beer and say hi.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Fantastic to hear from you Phil. It's great to see that a simple MrBeer kit lead you down this path. I still remember the 3.3lb MrBeer kit I set to you because I'd moved on to all grain (Brown Ale I think it was?).
Looks like to took it an ran! Good to see the local community getting in on it too.

Hope all is well with the baby and your wiener. ;)
Thanks for the shout out to Naked Cat Brewery, Bela would be honored.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Good for you Phil!! From homebrewer to lead brewer in a year tells me ya just might know a thing or two! Congrats!
:cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

Right on, Phil! I brewed up a New World IPA this morning. Did a short mash and boil, inspired by you all and Brulosophy. Seemed like a perfect opportunity to try it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Brulosophy has been really helpful with some new techniques I use but typically are post fermentation techniques. I don't want to risk short and shoddy before fermentation on 3 bbls of beer. On a homebrew scale, less risky and easier to manage.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

Yea, I see what your saying. A lot of it is "hell, I did that anyway," with things like trub in the fermentor, or not sweating the lager technique. Mashani does short boils all the time, and my recipe is a solid pale bordering an IPA. If the hops finish short, it'll end more balanced. If it ends at 5.5% instead of 6.5%, that'll work too. That's why it was a good day to try it. Finished everything, including cleanup in under 3 hours with kids still in pjs. It was all good!

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

MrBandGuy wrote:Yea, Finished everything, including cleanup in under 3 hours with kids still in pjs. It was all good!
WOW. you have to share your technics. A brewday for me is a whole brew day, no matter if extract or AG...
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled my Plum Saison and my Mt. Hood Patersbier.

I brewed up a batch of beer based on this:

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/ ... tre-clone/

Except that I adjusted the recipe to be 3 gallons, I used cold steeped roasted barley instead of chocolate malt (because it's what I have and it's mostly for color), and I made it 1.065 instead of 1.079 but used a higher %age of sugar, mine will still end up lower ABV though (which for me is good). And I used Abbaye dry yeast. Oh and I used some southern promise hops for the late addition instead of what they listed because I have those and not what they listed, and they are similar "style" hops as such, and I lowered the bittering addition a lot to account for the extra IBUs I'd get from the steep and the more dried out nature of the beer I made. But yeah, I had fun chopping up raisins.

So I guess I didn't brew that at all, but hey it was inspiration LOL.
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

Brewed up a Kolsch recipe I have done a few times. Pilsner malt, with 1 lb of Vienna and a pinch of Carafoam. Hallertau for bitteriing, flavor and aroma. Mash 152*. First time using the WL Kolsch yeast, gonna ferment at 60*.
Brew Strong My Friends...
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

berryman wrote:
MrBandGuy wrote:Yea, Finished everything, including cleanup in under 3 hours with kids still in pjs. It was all good!
WOW. you have to share your technics. A brewday for me is a whole brew day, no matter if extract or AG...
Once I get time, I'll go through it for you for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk