ezRecipe - Latest Version Now Available

Let your knowledge and questions of water flow!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

ezRecipe - Latest Version Now Available

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

ezRecipe-RO is now available and it's FREE. Test drive the newest brewing water and beer recipe designer available. Packed with many advanced features not found anywhere else. Including s hop storage index [HSI] calculator for predicting alpha acid loss over time. Now you can build your beer recipes and matching brewing water profiles at the same time.
ezRecipe-FB-3sml.png
ezRecipe-FB-3sml.png (241.42 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
A fully editable hop and grain ingredient list, combined with a super intuitive user interface lets you design recipes and brewing water profiles in record time. Take it for a test drive today and see how it stacks up against other beer design tools. You too will agree that 'ezRecipe-RO is the easy way to awesome beer!'

Try ezRecipe Now
Last edited by ScrewyBrewer on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: ezRecipe-RO - Latest Version Now Available

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

If I start using RO water I know where to find my calculator!!!
:thanks:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:If I start using RO water I know where to find my calculator!!!
Thanks Steve. Did you know it is also a powerful recipe designer too! If you have a water report for your source water, you can enter mineral additions until the ppm values match those in your report. The values you've entered can then be saved on the Profiles tab for later use. Your source water mineral values now represent your base water profile. Additional mineral and/or acid additions can then be added until you get the predicted mash pH value you want.

ezRecipe-RO uses the 2015 BJCP Style Guide to provide you with brewing information for nearly every style. It also provides IBU predictions based on hop usage in the boil, whirlpool or dry hopping. The hop storage index or HSI feature helps you to determine the loss of alpha acid over time, based on the type of storage used.

Whether adjusting your brewing water profile, or creating that perfect recipe, ezRecipe-RO makes the design process a lot of fun.

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Once again, thanks for your work on this Vince.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

This is most excellent.

Even if you don't use RO water as long as you have a local water report you can just plug in stuff that matches your local water and your ready to build recipes with it, and/or fiddle around with small water adjustments. Maybe you can't make the "perfect" water profile that way but it's still useful.

I'm glad the hop storage/degradation adjustment I suggested became a permanent feature. It's something unique that nobody else does. I've just always used hopunion data on my own to do it when I know I have old hops on hand.

Thanks Vince!
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

I didn’t realize I could save my local profile. I just assumed it started with RO for some reason. Reckon I’ll play with it.

And here, I just figured out Bru’n Water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I thought it was for RO only too. I'll go back and take a look also.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

BlackDuck wrote:I thought it was for RO only too. I'll go back and take a look also.
Thank you for your comments, I do take all user feedback very seriously. After reading through the latest set of posts I may have to recast the ezRecipe-RO name.

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

I'll throw my hat into this ring. I played around with this last night. I read your info about adding to get to my base water profile and saving it. I've gotten it close and will post back once I've played around with it. Thanks Vince!
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Thanks, Vince good to know about my water profile able to be input, I will delve into it. Too bad I'm back to work, a month ago I had all day long to play with the calculator while mind numbing reruns of reruns were on tv.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I didn't look at your calculator until you mentioned it in the Wingsfan's thread. I somehow missed the recent comments and thought it was a calculator for building water, not a recipe builder. I started using QBrew and stuck with it for a long time. At one point, I bought BeerSmith, but at the time, it was too complex for me. After a while, I got back to it and have been using it for a long time now.

I just took a look at your recipe builder and I'm impressed. As was the case with BeerSmith when I first looked at it. there's a lot that I won't use now, but if I get more interested in water chemistry, I'm sure I'd appreciate those features.

One thing that ezRecipe doesn't have that BeerSmith has is late extract additions. Maybe I can do this, but I don't see how. I do a lot of stovetop (now portable induction cooktop) partial mash brewing. Doing a late addition lets me boil the hops in 4 gallons or so (5 gallon pot) with just the wort from the mash (or if I'm doing all extract, with part of the extract). That gives me better efficiency than if I boil all of the malt in that amount of water.

One thing that I'd like to see (but I freely admit that it's a feature that would appeal to a small minority of users) is the ability to set altitude (or boiling temperature) and have the IBU calculation automatically adjust. I've gotten accustomed to mentally adjusting the IBUs, but it would be nice to have the altitude/boiling point taken into consideration by the software.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

ezRecipe version 1.07 is now available.

This latest release has been formatted and tested to run on PC's, laptops, iPads, iPad Air, iPad minis, and many other popular mobile devices. With this version comes increased performance, a more streamlined design and integrated help tips. ezRecipe is now easier to use than ever.
ezRecipe-FB-3sml.png
ezRecipe-FB-3sml.png (241.42 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Learning recipe design just got easier too. Just hover a mouse pointer, or tap on a touch screen device, to instantly display useful help tips anywhere on the page.

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

bpgreen wrote:One thing that ezRecipe doesn't have that BeerSmith has is late extract additions. Maybe I can do this, but I don't see how. I do a lot of stovetop (now portable induction cooktop) partial mash brewing. Doing a late addition lets me boil the hops in 4 gallons or so (5 gallon pot) with just the wort from the mash (or if I'm doing all extract, with part of the extract). That gives me better efficiency than if I boil all of the malt in that amount of water.

One thing that I'd like to see (but I freely admit that it's a feature that would appeal to a small minority of users) is the ability to set altitude (or boiling temperature) and have the IBU calculation automatically adjust. I've gotten accustomed to mentally adjusting the IBUs, but it would be nice to have the altitude/boiling point taken into consideration by the software.
Admitedly to date not much focus has been placed on partial boils or extract brewing. Understandably, when you think about it, ezRecipe has been designed to help build all grain recipes. I do appreciate your feedback as an extract brewer though.

As for including altitude and wort boiling point temperature adjustments, ezBIAB could possibly benefit from that feature.
Last edited by ScrewyBrewer on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

mashani wrote:This is most excellent.

Even if you don't use RO water as long as you have a local water report you can just plug in stuff that matches your local water and your ready to build recipes with it, and/or fiddle around with small water adjustments. Maybe you can't make the "perfect" water profile that way but it's still useful.

I'm glad the hop storage/degradation adjustment I suggested became a permanent feature. It's something unique that nobody else does. I've just always used hopunion data on my own to do it when I know I have old hops on hand.

Thanks Vince!
Thank you for the idea to include HSI calculations in ezRecipe! I mentioned this feature to MCHA members Mike and Melissa Edwards, they own a hop farm in New Jersey. The were both very interested and aware of how hop storage affects their crop and the people who brew with their hops.
Last edited by ScrewyBrewer on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: ezRecipe - Latest Version Now Available

Post by berryman »

Thank you very much for that Vince.
:clink: A great Tool :clink:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison