Testing Final Gravity

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Re: Testing Final Gravity

Post by Beer-lord »

Banjo-guy wrote:How do I post pictures? I’ve totally forgotten how to do it.
You need to click on the "Upload attachment" tab at the bottom left while you are replying to a post then browse to where your attachment is a then click "Add the file".
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (33.65 KiB) Viewed 341 times
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

Here’s the image that you get on your phone or other device when you check the Tilt gravity reading. The temperature is valid to a degree or two. I see that they have upgrade the Tilt to improve temperature accuracy. They have also raised the price to 135.00. It is expensive.
It’s possible to automatically log your fermentation temps and gravity but I haven’t figured out how to do that yet.
I really like the Tilt.

7C310B28-F99E-4F8E-9715-65F49F8054E0.png
7C310B28-F99E-4F8E-9715-65F49F8054E0.png (186.58 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

Beer-lord wrote:
Banjo-guy wrote:How do I post pictures? I’ve totally forgotten how to do it.
You need to click on the "Upload attachment" tab at the bottom left while you are replying to a post then browse to where your attachment is a then click "Add the file".
Thanks Beer-Lord !
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

That's pretty cool. I know that most of my beers are done in 3-5 days at this point, but it would be really interesting to actually SEE that data over time.
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

Right now I’m trying to lower the FG of a Stout that I brewed by adding Notty. I can just walk over to my fermentation keg and get a reading in seconds. Because the keg is stainless steel the Bluetooth connection is weak.
If I use a plastic fermenter I can be watching TV in another room and check the gravity on my phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

The same way that I sometimes enjoy watching a blowoff tube or airlock, I would likely stare at the screen and keep refreshing it just to see if I could watch it drop .001 in real-time!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Banjo-guy, just when I thought I didn't want to buy anything else, you posted this. :) I like it and could see where it could be very useful. I have a 1.050 beer in the fermenter now that I brewed last Sunday and pretty sure it is done, but haven't pulled a reading yet, maybe tomorrow. But with that I could know with out opening it up and pulling a sample..
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

berryman wrote:Banjo-guy, just when I thought I didn't want to buy anything else, you posted this. :) I like it and could see where it could be very useful. I have a 1.050 beer in the fermenter now that I brewed last Sunday and pretty sure it is done, but haven't pulled a reading yet, maybe tomorrow. But with that I could know with out opening it up and pulling a sample..
I know exactly what you are going through! Every time that I think I’m done buying equipment something else turns up that looks really cool.
Scoper50

Post by Scoper50 »

Banjo-guy wrote:Here’s the image that you get on your phone or other device when you check the Tilt gravity reading. The temperature is valid to a degree or two. I see that they have upgrade the Tilt to improve temperature accuracy. They have also raised the price to 135.00. It is expensive.
It’s possible to automatically log your fermentation temps and gravity but I haven’t figured out how to do that yet.
I really like the Tilt.

This looks pretty slick. But is it accurate? Have you tested it's accuracy by comparing the reading to an actual hydrometer reading?
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

Scoper50 wrote:
Banjo-guy wrote:Here’s the image that you get on your phone or other device when you check the Tilt gravity reading. The temperature is valid to a degree or two. I see that they have upgrade the Tilt to improve temperature accuracy. They have also raised the price to 135.00. It is expensive.
I really like the Tilt.

This looks pretty slick. But is it accurate? Have you tested it's accuracy by comparing the reading to an actual hydrometer reading?
I compared to my Hydometer today and they were exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

If I didn't need to buy 3 of those for what I do, I'd like them. If anyone sees a 3 for the price of one deal I want in.