New Zymatic coming this Monday

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: New Zymatic coming this Monday

Post by RickBeer »

What they're announcing on Tuesday is unknown, beyond that it's a product designed to replace the Zymatic, i.e. not a pod product like their other ones. And the total cost is unknown. Subscribers to the regular email list, or that sign up to this offer, get 50% off plus up to $250 more if people use a link to get on the list. Apparently owners of the original product get $600 off plus up to $250.

So, one can deduce the following:

The product's full price is around $1,000. Why? Because they're offering all email subscribers 50% off, but OWNERS $600 off. Since owners should get a better discount, that means that $600 off has to be more than 50% off. Otherwise, these guys are clueless about Marketing.

So, if it's $1,000, and non-owners get 50% off plus up to $250, you potentially could get this product for $250... POTENTIALLY, if they know how to market...

Here's my Link - http://z.picobrew.com?kid=KYWKE

Thanks!

I had mine before, but haven't found a way to see how many signups I have, just asked the company.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Well Rick, I used your link too, and just entered my other email. Good luck!
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Thanks John. I emailed them to ask how you see the number that signed up.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

RickBeer wrote:What they're announcing on Tuesday is unknown, beyond that it's a product designed to replace the Zymatic, i.e. not a pod product like their other ones. And the total cost is unknown. Subscribers to the regular email list, or that sign up to this offer, get 50% off plus up to $250 more if people use a link to get on the list. Apparently owners of the original product get $600 off plus up to $250.

So, one can deduce the following:

The product's full price is around $1,000. Why? Because they're offering all email subscribers 50% off, but OWNERS $600 off. Since owners should get a better discount, that means that $600 off has to be more than 50% off. Otherwise, these guys are clueless about Marketing.

So, if it's $1,000, and non-owners get 50% off plus up to $250, you potentially could get this product for $250... POTENTIALLY, if they know how to market...

Here's my Link - http://z.picobrew.com?kid=KYWKE

Thanks!

I had mine before, but haven't found a way to see how many signups I have, just asked the company.
I hope your math and reasoning are correct but I have a different opinion on the sticker price.

This seems to be a modular system with the brains sitting on top of the mash bin. It looks like the different volume systems will use the same brain with different mash and pumps. Pico says that the system will brew from 1-10 gallons.

The email to original Z owners states that we can get up to 50% off and 100.00 for buying the first day. That 100.00 dollars can be increased to 250.00 if you get 10 people to sign in a their website using a unique link.

The maximum discount will be 600.00+ 250.00= 850.00
The maximum 50% discount x 2 = 1700.00 sticker price.

There have been endless discussions about this on the Zymatic Facebook page. No one actually has a clue what the price or features will be.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Banjo-guy wrote:The email to original Z owners states that we can get up to 50% off and 100.00 for buying the first day. That 100.00 dollars can be increased to 250.00 if you get 10 people to sign in a their website using a unique link.
Then my "they don't know how to do Marketing" comment is right on the mark, since up to 50% off and the $100 is the exact same offer given to everyone on the mailing list. To not offer people who spent $1,999 on the first product a discount for their loyalty is a HUGE mistake.

Where was the $600 mentioned? My emails don't say that.

I haven't looked at the Facebook page, but will - thanks.

Edit - I found a site that says "The Z fills the gap between the Zymatic and smaller pro grade brewing equipment (which often start at half a barrel to a barrel of brew capacity) by brewing up to 10 gallon batches... While PicoBrew has yet to release pricing on the Z, my guess is it will come in below $10 thousand."

I started laughing when I saw that.

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

RickBeer wrote: Here's my Link - http://z.picobrew.com?kid=KYWKE
I got you Rick with a different email.
Can you see how many you have now?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

The 600.00 is the rebate they will give to existing owners to send the original Z back. ( Pico pays shipping) It seems that everyone can get 250.00 off the price but Z owners can get 600.00 plus 250.00.

The first email to Zymatic owners says a discount “ up to 50 % “. It then states that by signing up for the first day purchase we can get 100.00. That 100.00 can be increased to 250.00 if we refer up to 10 people. If you refer less than 10 people the bonus goes down.

I understand this to mean no discount will be greater than 50% where the maximum discount is signing 10 people and trading in your old unit for 600.00.

1700.00 is more in line with the Z’s original price. I got mine from Adventures in Home Brewing for 1750.00 with free shipping.

The 10 gallon commercial units could be much more expensive.
It’s all a mystery.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Ah. That makes sense. Same discount as everyone else, PLUS $600 if you want to turn in your prior unit. Gotchya!

Thanks Berryman! I suspect a lot of people are going to go "Are you kidding me?" when the price is revealed. Intriguing, but not raising my hopes up.

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

RickBeer wrote:
Banjo-guy wrote:The email to original Z owners states that we can get up to 50% off and 100.00 for buying the first day. That 100.00 dollars can be increased to 250.00 if you get 10 people to sign in a their website using a unique link.
I haven't looked at the Facebook page, but will - thanks.

Edit - I found a site that says "The Z fills the gap between the Zymatic and smaller pro grade brewing equipment (which often start at half a barrel to a barrel of brew capacity) by brewing up to 10 gallon batches... While PicoBrew has yet to release pricing on the Z, my guess is it will come in below $10 thousand."

I started laughing when I saw that.

Facebook has two groups one is more geared to the Zymatic and the other has become a place for the Pico Pak brewers. You should check out both because they both are posted on by Zymatic users.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Thanks.

They told me how to check it, I have 3 referrals, only 7 to go. How many email addresses do I have...

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Price and info got released last night, and then emailed this morning.

It's a stackable unit, with the base unit making 2.5 gallons. Then, you add units to go from 2.5 to 10 gallons.

Starts at $2,500. 5 gallon is $4,000, 7.5 is $6,000, and 10 gallon is $8,500. Discounted in this offer to $1,499, $1,999, $2,999, and $3,999. Plus you can up to $250 off today.

So you could buy the base unit for $1,499 - $250 = $1,249. Too rich for my blood.

Oh, and it doesn't ship until July 1st...

I read through comments on some FB pages and they aren't positive. Comments about no integrated chiller, and comparisons to Brewie.

Here's last night's release from the press release they sent out - https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/12/pic ... brew-beer/

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

The lack of chilling doesn't bother me in any way. No Chill works fine if you want to go that route (much to naysayers dismay), and they have the perfect sealed no-chill solution because of the kegs.

But the price does because I'm sitting around looking at $299 devices still and wondering if I want to spend that much to make beer that probably isn't much if any better then what I already make.

I think if I had an "old" PicoBrew I'd probably swap it for the Z, they will give you $600 for it in a trade in, and the Z looks like it is designed to not break down.

But I'd rather get a Brewie if I was paying full price. MoreBeer sells Brewies now. They make 5 gallons for less then full retail price of the 2.5 gallon Z. And they chill if that's something that really bugs you about the Z. But you do need your own fermenters with them, vs. the keg as fermenter design of the Z. (your trading chilling for that). It does need to be attached to a water source (at least for chilling). Where the Z doesn't need to be attached, you just pre-fill the keg.

I'm really unclear about the scaling. It looks more like "stacking" then scaling. As in is a 10 gallon batch really that, or is it 4 separate 2.5 gallon batches? Do they all actually 'intermix' somehow? If so, how does the wort get integrated into one common wort to rule them all before it is boiled and ends up in the kegs? Does it just continuously recirculate between every mash tun while mashing and then every hop basket while "boiling"? How does it end up exactly the same in each final keg then? It is not explained well that I can see. If you can't put different grains in each mash tun and different hops in each basket across all the devices and end up with one common beer, it's "stacking" not scaling. Maybe it does this, I don't know.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

RickBeer wrote:Price and info got released last night, and then emailed this morning.
How many you buying Rick? :lol:
RickBeer wrote: Starts at $2,500. 5 gallon is $4,000, 7.5 is $6,000, and 10 gallon is $8,500. Discounted in this offer to $1,499, $1,999, $2,999, and $3,999.
I didn't see them prices in the Email I got but maybe didn't look enough either. That is one big Jump for the 10 gal. system from $8.5 TO $4,000
RickBeer wrote: So you could buy the base unit for $1,499 - $250 = $1,249. Too rich for my blood.
Or could buy a Grainfather for less money and make well over 5 gal. if wanted or go down to 2.5 if wanted. Not as much push button and walk away, but more hands on. Or you could drop down to a Robobrew and that has a pump and around $500 and I might have gotten one but wasn't out yet when I got mine. Or you can get a Mash&Boil for $300 and what I have, no pump but some cool push button settings and have some fun while tailoring to your needs and style as I did. I have two pumps on mine on a cart and can recirculate when wanted or needed and bought a sparge water heater, hoses and fittings and still have less money invested then the Grainfather. All about how easy you want it and how much you want to spend....
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

New Zymatic coming this Monday

Post by Banjo-guy »

It’s been a crazy day in Picoland! I’m sure you all have seen the unveiling. My price out the door and shipped is 745.00. I sighed up just to lock to in the discounts. They will let me cancel anytime prior to shipping.

They’ve been less than forthcoming about what the exact specs are for this new Z. The news is trickling out. So far I don’t see any compelling reason to get the new unit other than having latest gadget. They say that it will be more robust but there’s no way to really find out until it’s been used for a while. I’m only interested in the 2.5 unit (which can easily be pushed to brew 3.5 gallons). I can’t see any big advantage for the new Z.

Picobrew says that they will continue to support the original Z. There is no way that Pico has made money
on me considering that I sent it back 3 times for repair. I think they would love to avoid the support costs of the old Z.

I would not buy a Brewie. There’s been a lot of horror stories around that product. PicoBrew has been amazing in their support for the first generation Z users. They haven’t asked for a penny for shipping, parts or repairs well past the end of my unit’s warranty. I wouldn’t want to deal with a company that wasn’t 100% solid. The fact that Brewie is based in Europe makes me doubt that they would provide the unconditional support that Pico has given me. These units are heavy! Shipping to Europe would be very expensive.

There are going to be a lot of users selling their Zymatics for 600.00 now that they have bought the new Z. I’m not sure if Pico will support second hand units to the full degree as the original purchaser.I would email them if you plan on buying a used Zymatic. The mash bin is very prone to failure. It would be expensive to buy one on your own.

I’ve learned that it’s better to be a second generation buyer. I’ve basically been a beta tester for PicoBrew for 2 1/2 years. I’m pretty sure that the new Z will be much more solid than mine (which has been pretty good). I’m leaning more and more towards buying a Grainfather or something similar. MoreBeer has one as does Williams. SS Brewworks works is coming out with something.

I don’t need a totally automated brew appliance. I’m retired! I’ve got tons of time.
Last edited by Banjo-guy on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

@Banjo-Guy, I think you have to ship them back your old Picobrew to get that $600 discount on the new Z, so I don't think the market will be flooded with old Picrobrews for $600 from original owners who upgrade. Unless Zymatic refurbs them and re-sells them at a discount or something.

At least that's how I read the fine print.