The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: The No Post Post

Post by D_Rabbit »

Anyone having issues posting or uploading a photo from Tapatalk? Keep getting an error message to contact admin if problem persists.

ADMIN!!!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Some of you may remember that during cleanup after one of my brews using the Mash & Boil, I forgot about the nice glass fermentation weights I had used to keep the silicon mats/filters down and tossed them on the compost along with the grains, only remembering them after adding shredded paper and turning it a few times to mix it up.

A little while ago, I turned the compost and saw something shiny. I actually found one of the weights!

I soaked it for a while so I could get the compost off and am now soaking it in a bowl of water with bleach in it.

One down, two to go.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

So to make sure I understand:

- You lost your balls.

- Then you found one of your balls.

- Now you're soaking one of your balls.

Got it. :whistle:
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

RickBeer wrote:So to make sure I understand:

- You lost your balls.

- Then you found one of your balls.

- Now you're soaking one of your balls.

Got it. :whistle:
WTF are you on about?

Reread my post. Find anywhere in my post where I said ball.

I said I lost glass fermentation weights.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Had a scary situation last night. Wife and I came home and she was driving her Jeep and I was riding. She pulls in to her parking spot in our driveway, we live on a side hill. She gets out and needed something from the back seat, I get out of the pass. side and shut the door and I heard her scream, turned around and the car was rolling backwards quit fast I opened the door and jumped over the council and hit the brake. I couldn't see her and I was all tangled in the middle between the seats I thought she was underneath the car. I finally got untangled and got out and she was laying on the ground just inches from the front tire. She didn't have it all the way into park and the open front door knocked her down. Just some bruises and brush burn and she was scared, so was I. It could have been a lot worse. I bet she watches making sure it is in park now. We laugh about it today, but not when it happened.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

YIKES!!!! Glad she's ok!
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Jeez, I'm elated no one was hurt. That's not fun play.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote:Jeez, I'm elated no one was hurt. That's not fun play.
I had some very bad thoughts when I got it stopped and couldn't see her, thought the worst. but all was good just some black and blues.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Glad your all ok. I guess one good thing about driving a stick for a long time is my habit of always pulling the parking brake as soon as the car is stopped, since I have no "park". I do it in automatic cars too and people think it's stupid, but it's just wired into me.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

As others have already said, glad to hear both of you are/will be okay.
Last edited by TonyKZ1 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Glad nobody was hurt much. When I first saw that it was a Jeep, I figured it was manual, and thought she didn't get the brake fully set. It's pretty unusual for that to happen with an automatic.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

If everyone who drives a vehicle could see the actual thickness (or lack there of) of a parking pall (the metal plate in a transmission that locks it in park) they would always apply the parking brake before ever selecting park.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Been a crazy couple of weeks here...

Have had a lump forming on my left jawline for about a year or so. Had discussed with doctor and dermatologist last year, and they both said to monitor size changes and such. FF to this year, and I again discussed with dermatologist. She was concerned it had appeared to have grown, and though we both conceded it might be larger looking because I've lost 25ish lbs, but for safety, she referred me to an ENT. The ENT quickly diagnosed it as a tumor on the parotid salivary gland. CT showed it to be at least 4cm x 2cm. He mentioned that as a non-smoker, the likelihood is that it is non-cancerous, but he still wanted to test it. So off to biopsy. Biopsy showed it to be benign, but ENT still showed concern as the biopsy only touches a small portion of the tumor. Considering the size, and also considering that these tumors can become cancerous later in life, he advised removal. And... he wants to do it in the next week. So, off to surgery. The location is intertwined with all of the facial nerves on that size, so it became a long day of surgery. Arrived at 6:30am, and left outpatient near 5:00pm. Due to the nerve situation, they had to do a slow procedure. They cut a face-lift incision (front of ear, under lobe, under jaw). They had equipment hooked to all of the nerves to monitor that they weren't being affected, and they slowly removed the tumor piece by piece. They ended up removing a fist-sized mass (as he described it) that in turn was confirmed benign, and they back-filled with materials processed from cadavers. This all went down on Monday 8/13. I believe I was actually in surgery for over four hours. By Friday, I was back for post-op (removing the drain they had installed in my neck and checking progress). Doctors were almost giddy with how it turned out, as from the front you cannot tell at all that anything was done, and from the side there is just a small divot along the front of my ear along the incision... really not that noticeable at all. My nerves on the left side have been weak as a result, with blinking and smiling being an issue on that side (can do both, but just not effectively), and the whole area was pretty much numb.

Every day has gotten better though. On Monday I got the stitches removed, and they were happy enough with my progress to release me to the next appointment being 3 months out. They said that though they do this surgery a few times a month, mine was one of the largest ones they had done, and they seemed just stunned by how quickly I recovered and how it has turned out aesthetically. Right now, ear and surrounding is still numb, but less so every day. Eye is still not perfect, but better each day. I'm essentially off of meds and have been back to work (working from home due to my eye having problems with light... again, better every day, but still not comfortable with 50 miles of driving a day yet) all week.

Tomorrow, 10 days after what my doctors described as a pretty major surgery, I plan to go to a Bootleg Biology hike at Warner Park to harvest yeast and drink Mantra beer. I feel extremely fortunate to say that I've been able to make this kind of turnaround. It's been a crazy month, but seems that all is now well....

If anyone in the area wants to join....

Yard Yeast: Bootleg Biology for Beer Lovers
Public · Hosted by Warner Park Nature Center, Mantra Artisan Ales and Bootleg Biology

https://www.facebook.com/events/1890009497960272/

Join Jeff Mello, Chief Yeast Wrangler of Bootleg Biology, to learn how beer is made, and how you can make beer at home using only yeast from your own backyard. This educational session will include a beer tasting as well as a trek through Warner Park in search of wild beer yeast.
Last edited by swenocha on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

berryman wrote:Had a scary situation last night. Wife and I came home and she was driving her Jeep and I was riding. She pulls in to her parking spot in our driveway, we live on a side hill. She gets out and needed something from the back seat, I get out of the pass. side and shut the door and I heard her scream, turned around and the car was rolling backwards quit fast I opened the door and jumped over the council and hit the brake. I couldn't see her and I was all tangled in the middle between the seats I thought she was underneath the car. I finally got untangled and got out and she was laying on the ground just inches from the front tire. She didn't have it all the way into park and the open front door knocked her down. Just some bruises and brush burn and she was scared, so was I. It could have been a lot worse. I bet she watches making sure it is in park now. We laugh about it today, but not when it happened.
Wow, just saw this post. Glad everyone is OK....
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...