The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: The No Post Post

Post by D_Rabbit »

Inkleg wrote:Just two things Dan. Fabricate a splash shield to go over the pump motor. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something to keep liquid from splashing in it. And make sure to put pipe tape on those fittings. It's coming along nice, can't wait to see it in action.
So I started to look through the thread on HBT for a box build or to fabricate something like you mentioned and came across this post on HBT where Chugger Pump discourages people from building any sort of enclosure around it, escpecially the Stainless Steel headed pumps due to heat. They put a nice disclaimer in there too that stated the motors are built to withstand water. Here is what they had to say.

"I would not recommend this type of set up with any pumps. The motor needs to be well ventilated. This cannot be done even with a fan setup like this one. The pump head is stainless steel and will hold more heat than a plastic head. The motors are all Open Drip Proof and can withstand a fair amount of liquid splashed on them. Besides if you damage a motor from liquid Chugger will send you a new one free of charge. Glad to answer any questions anytime 800-810-1053 "

With that being said, I will take my chances with it being open. I mounted the pump on the other side of the rig from where the boiling and HLT heating will be done. I think it should be fairly safe there so I am not too concerned now. Thanks for the advice though. It helped me research this.
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Wasn't thinking of an enclosure, just a simple L or U shaped splash shield to deflect any direct liquid. Well open with plenty of space around it for ventilation.
Good to know they will replace it if it's damaged due to liquid.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

This summer is on the down hill side and I didn't do hardly any BBQ. I only used my big smoker once for the Fourth of July Brisket, a couple times I did some chickens in my small smoker, and cooked burgers, dogs and shrimp on the grill a few times. No Ribs, Fish or Steaks at all, I'm slipping. I am going to put some hotdogs on the grill in a few mins for a late lunch snack.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Cooking Ribs today.... just say'n
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Yankeedag wrote:Cooking Ribs today.... just say'n
sounds good :woot:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Rather than grill or smoke today, I set up the slow cooker...

Seared off a pork shoulder, dropped it in with onion, garlic, celery, celery leaf, carrots, orange and green pepper strips, ketchup, honey barbeque sauce, brown sugar, a splash of apple cider vinegar and Zatarain's Cajun Marinade... Salt and pepper to taste...

Will serve over Saffron Rice later tody... Awesome!

:cool:
Last edited by BigPapaG on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Will be cook'n BBQ Ribs tanight after a nice motobike ride with my son, Sunday will be BBQ'n some fresh chicken, have not decided which of the 3 hens not laying is gonna donate. Monday will more than likely be some venison sausages. For lunches.... probably some dogs (if I can catch them... LOL), some burgers and what not. We like to grill up some spiced up taters fresh from the garden, maybe some peppers to go with the sausages. Wife makes a pretty good cuke salad fresh from the garden, cook up some fresh beets. Gonna be a great BBQ'n weekend. Oh yea, I need to start BBQ'n some of my sweet corn, getting lots of that.

Y'all have a great weekend! We are, going to a nice parade and afterwards a tractor pull. Fun-Fun!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Well sportz fannz. Looks like I may be out of a job. Apparently, I was a "replacement" driver for another driver that needed surgery and recovery. So now he's back.
So, I guess this means I can spend more time bugging all y'all with my idiotic comments, or..um... they give me something else.
The Auzziechickypoo wasn't happy with me working nights anyway.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Yankeedag wrote:Well sportz fannz. Looks like I may be out of a job. Apparently, I was a "replacement" driver for another driver that needed surgery and recovery. So now he's back.
So, I guess this means I can spend more time bugging all y'all with my idiotic comments, or..um... they give me something else.
So you mean you were a "replacement" driver and they didn't even have the decency to tell you out front? :wow:

I'd be picking some one's teeth outa my knuckles if it were me.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Chuck N wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:Well sportz fannz. Looks like I may be out of a job. Apparently, I was a "replacement" driver for another driver that needed surgery and recovery. So now he's back.
So you mean you were a "replacement" driver and they didn't even have the decency to tell you out front? :wow:

I'd be picking some one's teeth outa my knuckles if it were me.
yeah, got a phone call Friday (1st part of my weekend as it were) to not come in Sunday as the original driver was back. (nobody mentioned the "return" part in the job interview.) So, I get to go in Tuesday at 11am to discuss other "options". So, I miss out on Sunday and Monday work. I've started putting in applications at other places.

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Man dag, that's BS! The jerk-offs should have told u it was a temp job before they hired you. That's pretty chicken shyte of them. Sorry to hear about the baloney they pulled on ya. Hope u can find a good day time job ta keep auzzie poo happier.

That BBQ ribs with fresh veggies I had for din-din sure was good! Had a nice blonde ale to go with it. MMMMM
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

FrozenInTime wrote:Man dag, that's BS! The jerk-offs should have told u it was a temp job before they hired you. That's pretty chicken shyte of them. Sorry to hear about the baloney they pulled on ya. Hope u can find a good day time job ta keep auzzie poo happier.

That BBQ ribs with fresh veggies I had for din-din sure was good! Had a nice blonde ale to go with it. MMMMM
We also had BBQ'd ribs... tater salad, corn on the cob... loverly.

Yeah, Tuesday I'm suppose to go chat with them about "possibilities". Yeah, I don't think they've anything I want. The other "jobs" they have are at a much lower rate per hour.

I guess they don't know about my "zero touch back" policy.
:huh:

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I hope you find something soon, Dag. Sucks that they couldn't have been upfront with you from the start.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

berryman wrote:This summer is on the down hill side and I didn't do hardly any BBQ. I only used my big smoker once for the Fourth of July Brisket, a couple times I did some chickens in my small smoker, and cooked burgers, dogs and shrimp on the grill a few times. No Ribs, Fish or Steaks at all, I'm slipping. I am going to put some hotdogs on the grill in a few mins for a late lunch snack.
I didn't grill or BBQ much this summer, either. Work kept me busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest, and I was just too tired when I got home most nights.

I got three racks of baby backs I prepped last night, though. 8.5 pounds total! Gonna fire things up later this morning and then a bunch of us are going to meet at my parents' for some Labor Day vittles. My brother is bringing his delicious brisket, and my nephew is in charge of the Tex/Mex pasta salad and may bring some chicken. Plenty of side dishes provided by the wimminz, and even though my pipeline is completely dry for the first time in a couple of years, I picked up some Li'l Sumpin' Sumpin', some Two-Hearted Ale, and some Noble Pils.

Should be a fun day.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Did my wet/dry run of my brew stand with all the new toys. A few minor leaks that I was able to add some tape for water proofing and reattach and be good to go. Pump worked great, although gravity did most of the work. Can't wait to get it fully functional next weekend!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(