Welcome New Members

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Krazie8

Re: Welcome New Members

Post by Krazie8 »

Greetings everyone! I have arrived! I am looking forward to making some quality and excellent beer!
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Welcome to the Borg Krazie8!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Welcome aboard!
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
jinpro1

Post by jinpro1 »

Hello...new to the group, jinpro1 here...i got some bday cash and decided to start trying to brew. I enjoy diy, building stuff, carpentry, making drones, soccer, classic arcade and Nintendo games, classic rock and some modern reggae and tech music...and yes, beer....so my first beer I am trying is the wild spirit IPA...
Any pointers on getting that very subtle citris/grapefruit cloudiness mouthful and not a sweeter IPA....
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Hey, jinpro1,

You did not say if you had already used that bday cash on brewing equipment or were asking that as well.

If you want to start with IPA an extract kit would be a good place to start.

Linked to 2.5, but more choices at other sites if you do 5 gallon. Or are you wanting to jump into all grain?
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Hi Jinpro, welcome aboard! You sound like a good fit here. Starting with a Hopped Malt Extract like Wild Spirit is a good idea. I would brew it following the directions, minding your sanitation and ferment temperature. Good luck, keep us posted, enjoy the journey!
Never mind, there it is.
jinpro1

Post by jinpro1 »

Hey Professor and John....
Thanks for the welcome....yes, I got the BD, 2 gallon conical brew kit. I am currently setting up my station in my garage to do all the steps...and including a diy wort chiller setup through a iced cooler and pump. Etc.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Nice, welcome!
Fdidom1

Post by Fdidom1 »

Hey there, just got the Brew Demon 2gal kit, looking to start brewing ASAP to pass the time... any tips for a newbie? Also looking to get the Beer Borg discount at BrewDemon. Thanks for having me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Fdidom1 wrote:Hey there, just got the Brew Demon 2gal kit, looking to start brewing ASAP to pass the time... any tips for a newbie? Also looking to get the Beer Borg discount at BrewDemon. Thanks for having me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome Fdidom1 and happy brewing.
See this link for discount info: http://beerborg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=583
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Welcome aboard! I suggest good sanitation, proper temperature for yeast, and don't start experimenting yet. Have fun, make beer, keep us posted.
Never mind, there it is.
jinpro1

Post by jinpro1 »

I'm new...introduced myself last week, but...i couldn't find this possible newbie question answered....

I want to use corn sugar in my bottling, will the measurements be the same as regular sugar mentioned to use?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

jinpro1 wrote:I want to use corn sugar in my bottling, will the measurements be the same as regular sugar mentioned to use?
Theoretically you would use slightly more corn sugar. Theoretically it is about 0.91 as "effective" as the same amount of cane sugar I believe.

So it's like 5oz of corn sugar is similar to 4.55oz of cane sugar.

But the priming rates given by the kits are pretty high to begin with. So I would personally just use the same amount as suggested and get a more appropriate level of carbonation to my tastes. Also reduces the chance of bottle bombs if you bottle too soon. It is not going to be enough "lost fiz" to stress about, it will actually be better IMHO.
RyCon52

Post by RyCon52 »

Hi, all.

New to the world of home brewing. Got a BrewDemon kit as a gift and decided it'd be a great quarantine hobby. Tried three recipes so far to vastly different results. Does anyone know how I get the BeerBorg discount at BrewDemon?

Also, does anyone have book or magazine recommendations for newbies? Bought "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing" 4th edition but think a monthly magazine would be good for me too. Didn't know if there was one better for beginners though.

Happy to be here,

Ryan
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Welcome Bycon52. There are 2 pretty good magazines for homebrewers. Zymurgy, which has been out for decades and Brew Your Own. A good deal of info is sided to the more intermediate to advanced brewer but they are very educational.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black