The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

SomeGuyBrewing
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: The No Post Post

Post by SomeGuyBrewing »

Yes you overreacted.
“Good things happen to those who hustle.” - Chuck Noll
See what SomeGuy is brewing
Drinking:
Drago - FES
Fool's Gold Pale Ale
Maple Apple Cider
Wheats The Deal With Hops?
The Blonde One

Bottled/Kegged/Conditioning:

Fermenting:
Honey Crisp IPA

On Deck:
Golden Stout, Recipe inspired by Aztec Brewery

Competitions:
The Blonde One - Silver Medal - Thirsty Classic 2016

Never Forget
Amber Alert, Drunkin Pumpkin 2013, Tryin' To Get A Nut - Brown Ale, Wheat You Talkin' Bout Willis?, Good Twin, Blacker the Berry the Sweeter the Porter, New World...Altbier, Smoked Sour(ish), Oh YEAAH!!! - Orange Wheat, Evil Twin, Hanger 12 - OITNB, The Gose & The Darkness, First Harvest, Ghost Pumpkin, Grapefruit IPA, Murphy Brown Porter, Thanksgiving Blonde
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

SomeGuyBrewing wrote:Yes you overreacted.
So, I just want to make sure I understand your stance. Lets change the objects and pricing a bit.

Say you go in for a a 50" Sony TV that is on sale for $900.00 and they are all out. But don't worry, they have a 40" Sony TV (Same thing just smaller) for $1000.00, you would have no issue paying that extra $100.00 for something smaller?
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Right there with you Dan, especially since they are making a good profit on the discounted cuts and you were willing to pay the same price for less overall quantity!
:clink:

This is what irks me on gas prices, one station is charging $2.29/G for the exact same gas that is coming from the same terminal and the same supply tank, less than one mile away same company is charging $2.05/G and you know they a making a big profit @ $2.05 otherwise they would not sell it at that price! So @ $.14/G times thousands of gallons = sucks to be a consumer!
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
SomeGuyBrewing
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by SomeGuyBrewing »

So, I just want to make sure I understand your stance. Lets change the objects and pricing a bit.

Say you go in for a a 50" Sony TV that is on sale for $900.00 and they are all out. But don't worry, they have a 40" Sony TV (Same thing just smaller) for $1000.00, you would have no issue paying that extra $100.00 for something smaller?
No, I wouldn't pay that. Fortunately for us we live in a time and era where there are so many options available when we decide to purchase an item. In your TV scenario, I'd go to a different store or look online or get a rain check. The consumer is not entitled to a lower price. I've worked in retail too and sorry to burst your bubble but the customer is NOT always right. Different companies have different policies. And in my experience the bigger and more well know the company the stricter the policies. I've worked at a place where I can cut you any kind of deal I wanted if I thought it was good for business, hell I could give it to you for free and my bosses would have trusted that I read you as a customer that's going to pay off in the long run. On the flip side of that I've also worked at a company where if I gave you a .50 cent discount and my receipts didn't match stock it would come out of my pay to cover the "lose". Now I don't know Omaha Steak's policies about this, but lets say that's the case, why should this woman (with no investment in the company, it's just a job) have to pay for your steaks. My point is take issue with the company, not some hourly worker just trying to earn a paycheck.

sucks to be a consumer!
Actually it doesn't suck as bad as it could. You have the option to pay the $2.29 or drive down the road and pay $2.05, you could live in a world without competition and every station is just $2.29
Drinking:
Drago - FES
Fool's Gold Pale Ale
Maple Apple Cider
The Blonde One

Fermenting:
Honey Crisp IPA

On Deck:

Competitions:

Never Forget
Amber Alert, Drunkin Pumpkin 2013, Tryin' To Get A Nut - Brown Ale, Wheat You Talkin' Bout Willis?, Good Twin, Blacker the Berry the Sweeter the Porter, New World...Altbier, Smoked Sour(ish), Oh YEAAH!!! - Orange Wheat, Evil Twin, Hanger 12 - OITNB, The Gose & The Darkness, First Harvest, Ghost Pumpkin, Grapefruit IPA, Murphy Brown Porter, Thanksgiving Blonde
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

SomeGuyBrewing wrote:

No, I wouldn't pay that. Fortunately for us we live in a time and era where there are so many options available when we decide to purchase an item. In your TV scenario, I'd go to a different store or look online or get a rain check. The consumer is not entitled to a lower price. I've worked in retail too and sorry to burst your bubble but the customer is NOT always right. Different companies have different policies. And in my experience the bigger and more well know the company the stricter the policies. I've worked at a place where I can cut you any kind of deal I wanted if I thought it was good for business, hell I could give it to you for free and my bosses would have trusted that I read you as a customer that's going to pay off in the long run. On the flip side of that I've also worked at a company where if I gave you a .50 cent discount and my receipts didn't match stock it would come out of my pay to cover the "lose". Now I don't know Omaha Steak's policies about this, but lets say that's the case, why should this woman (with no investment in the company, it's just a job) have to pay for your steaks. My point is take issue with the company, not some hourly worker just trying to earn a paycheck.

sucks to be a consumer!
Actually it doesn't suck as bad as it could. You have the option to pay the $2.29 or drive down the road and pay $2.05, you could live in a world without competition and every station is just $2.29

Well thought out and stated. I can appreciate that. As well as I can 100% agree with you that the customer is not always right :)

I have worked for Sears, Petco, Walgreens and several other smaller local places. I have never run in to the issue of taking a discount out of my paycheck. On the contrary, I would usually offer some sort of raincheck or price matching for another similar product.

Context is everything and appearently there are other jobs out there that have given you different context and opinion. Appreciate you sharing it and giving me a different perspective.
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Yeah, you can only overreact if you & your wife have a plan. Like the way my wife & I have a plan whenever buying a new car.
Yeah, that would piss me off that the clerk was that lazy to use that lame excuse. I work in retail, and we correct errors. If one of my salespeople goes to that one, they are just being lazy.
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
SomeGuyBrewing
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by SomeGuyBrewing »

Context is everything
they are just being lazy
Context and perspective, man they can change anything. I think your thought process is right, yeah the company SHOULD want to keep the customer happy and coming back, I just don't think you should take frustration out on some lady running the cash register. If it was me, I would have asked the girl if I could talk to someone in charge/higher up. I like to fight for the little guy. I've had customers get upset with me over something out of my control (company policy), and its not laziness, its trying to keep your job. One job of mine specifically stated that discounts and freebies not specifically approved by a manager could be considered stealing from the company and the employee could be subject to disciplinary action.

I could be completely wrong. I mean if the employees at Omaha Steak have that flexibility and they didn't offer to keep a customer happy for a couple of bucks, then I agree, total dicks :laugh

The only way we'll ever know is to infiltrate the Omaha Steak sales team to obtain written confirmation on sales policy and pricing flexibility. Undercover mission style :cool:

Anyways hope I didn't come off as a jerk earlier, just trying to see the other side of the coin as I've been in that situation, truth is if more business thought the way you thought we'd probably be better off.
Drinking:
Drago - FES
Fool's Gold Pale Ale
Maple Apple Cider
The Blonde One

Fermenting:
Honey Crisp IPA

On Deck:

Competitions:

Never Forget
truckndad
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by truckndad »

How the Heck does this thread end up on page three with no posts in five days.
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

No clue, but it happened again!

Anyways...... most on here know that I started a new career as a field adjuster for home owners claims. My first "report card" was ok but not great. That is understandable since I really had very little knowledge of the company's claim system or standards. That was back in september. Since than my scores have gone up each month. The file reviews are based on 3 files chosen at random to review. This month I think I have finally figured it out, or they just selected 3 very good files. My average of the 3 scores was 88%. Company gold standards is 85%.

Pretty excited about this. Maybe my brief time with the company has impressed them and I will get a nice bonus :)
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

It's 7 degrees outside right now. Damn, that's cold. I need to move south.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

We're getting down to 25 tonite so I know it's gotta be cold for you guys but you are prepared for below 20 weather. Our pipes under raised houses will burst if it goes below 28 for 4-6 hours and you don't run water to keep it flowing.
But tonite, we have steady winds of 25 with gusts about 45. Makes it feel crazy cold even though it's only 42 now.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

BlackDuck wrote:It's 7 degrees outside right now. Damn, that's cold. I need to move south.

That's why I moved my buckeye butt to GA, south of the snowline. Gonna be their version of cold here 19 tonight 22 tomorrow night but we'll be back up in the 50s in a couple days. However I got to :mow: a couple times every winter
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

7 degrees, 25, 19, 22... y'all r funny! What a hoot to hear guys complain about those nice, warm and toasty temps!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

FrozenInTime wrote:7 degrees, 25, 19, 22... y'all r funny! What a hoot to hear guys complain about those nice, warm and toasty temps!
Yeah. We can go for weeks at a time without seeing the top-side of 7 degrees. In fact we haven't seen the top side of zero all day today.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

Chuck N wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:7 degrees, 25, 19, 22... y'all r funny! What a hoot to hear guys complain about those nice, warm and toasty temps!
Yeah. We can go for weeks at a time without seeing the top-side of 7 degrees. In fact we haven't seen the top side of zero all day today.

Well that's exactly what I'm bragging about. I don't even own a coat just a jean jacket(unlined). SWMBO thinks I'm crazy*. she's wearing a coat and I'm still wearing t shirts

* and she's right, just incorrect about the cause
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe