The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Yankeedag »

Ah, the Pooper Bowl. So good. Right to the end. Two bad moves at the end.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
braukasper
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by braukasper »

You gotta just love medical science & er docs the er call a couple of hours ago to tell me I now have pneumonia! probably had it since Christmas! They called in some scripts. Duh there is a foot of F___ING SNOW out there and it is still snowing!!
Lebe das Leben. Um in vollen Zügen. Trinken zu Hause brauen!
Live life. To the fullest. Drink home brew!!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Sure hope u can find a way to get the meds!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Well poopers for sure!! Got my Northern Brewer order in today. Love the 15 gallon Mega Pot and other items I ordered. Everything is perfect, cept da saison yeast. I have yeast popsicle. I have them on the counter defrosting, sure hope they are not all dead. I'm going to run up a couple stir-plate starters with it and hope enough survived to be usuable. I e-mailed NB and told them what happened, they have not answered yet, only been a couple minutes but I don't expect them to replace them, I guess I should have ordered a hot pack to be with the yeasties..... sometimes late at night I just don't think well when I ordered them.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Yankeedag wrote:Ah, the Pooper Bowl. So good. Right to the end. Two bad moves at the end.

All they needed to do was HOLD onto the ball and run it. They had time and only needed a couple yards. Fookin idiots, they gave the pats the game, they did not deserve it. Still, was a decent game, commercials sucked!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Just got a reply from northern brewer, they said thaw and try to use, they should be ok. If the pack does not inflate, they will replace. Heck of a thing though, ya don't smack/inflate until u need them. What happens to the wort if ya have to wait a few days for a replacement? LOL, I better figure something out soon.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I wish somebody would kick me right in the a$$ for a jump start. I've been a market farmer for over 25 years and I don't have any hops growing on my farm. If I smoked pot, I'd be growing it, I brew beer most every week or so and have no hops of my own. What is wrong with me? HELP..................
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

berryman wrote:I wish somebody would kick me right in the a$$ for a jump start. I've been a market farmer for over 25 years and I don't have any hops growing on my farm. If I smoked pot, I'd be growing it, I brew beer most every week or so and have no hops of my own. What is wrong with me? HELP..................
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

berryman wrote:I wish somebody would kick me right in the a$$ for a jump start. I've been a market farmer for over 25 years and I don't have any hops growing on my farm. If I smoked pot, I'd be growing it, I brew beer most every week or so and have no hops of my own. What is wrong with me? HELP..................
I've heard pot is much easier to grow than hops. Of course there is the legality thing to consider...But that may be changing real soon.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Well, stop bitching about it, and set aside a small plot for the hops.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Sitting on the couch drinking a Fruit Salad Session IPA, watching a Fleetwood Mac concert from 10 years ago. Man, Lindsey Buckingham sure can play that guitar. They still sound much like they did in their hayday!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

BlackDuck wrote:Sitting on the couch drinking a Fruit Salad Session IPA, watching a Fleetwood Mac concert from 10 years ago. Man, Lindsey Buckingham sure can play that guitar. They still sound much like they did in their hayday!!
Lindsey Buckingham. Most under-rated guitarist ever.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

The last couple commercial beers I have were Bells Hopslam, Stone Enjoy by 2/14, and Stone Collaboration Japanese Green Tea IPA. All three of them have been around 9.5% ABV or higher. And I can say that I did not thouroughly enjoy them because of the high alcohol. I could detect the alcohol prescence in all three of them. And it took away from the flavor of the beer. Kind of like it was masking the hop and malt flavor that should have been there. Maybe my tastes are changing, but I think I will do my best to avoid some of these high ABV beers. I'm just not enjoying them that much.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

It's sure has been cold around here, -37 this morning, I don't remember if it ever got that cold before. yesterday it never got above 0 deg. I got a little frost bite on my finger tips while plowing the driveway yesterday and I wouldn't have plowed being so cold but 2 of my daughters where here with their 2 wheel drive cars and were snowed in the driveway. It's quite warm right now 4 Deg. above. The wifes car wouldn't start and I had to drag the battery charger out and get it running. My beer is cooling down real good outside right now. Oops, I better check on it it might be an ice cube in the pot by now............... :)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

You need a good laugh with this cold weather check out the Hillbilly weather man on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCLxAFg8VLc :lol:
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison