What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by DirtRacer »

Brewed up a batch of Brew Demon Dante's Delight Weizenbier.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Bottled 5 gallons of I Failed To Jump Over The White House Fence Honey Ale.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

"Brewing" up some cold steeped grains. 1oz of British Dark Chocolate and 1oz of British Black malt. Going to pitch this into a 5 gallon batch of "dark kolsch" (somewhere between a Schwarzbier and a Kolsch) that I will be whipping up soon. Never tried the cold steep before but heard good things. I've got a little 2.5oz jar of some black dme (way darker then the darkest dark dme, it would be 3500L at 1.04) which I will be tossing into the batch as well.
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG (46.69 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Brewed 5 gallons of Oatmeal Stout, switching the recipe up as per my other thread on it.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

I'm brewing a saison. "Saison Mure" got 40 min left in the boil. Hit my per boil volume and slightly higher than expected on the pre boil gravity(.003 higher). looks like I'm getting 70% efficiency instead of the expected 68% :banana:
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Hello, new brewer here.
I've got some American Ale brewing, it's been in the LBK a week now @ 64*F. I'm occasionally checking it out and it's bubbling away inside with foam on top and trub in the bottom. So it sounds likes it's fermenting fine. Next weekend I'm going to start a batch of American Porter in the other LBK that I've got. I'm looking forward to bottling the Ale in a couple more weeks and then some tasting it 4 weeks after that.
Tony
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Didn't figure I'd be able to brew for another couple of weeks. I thought I was going to be up at the HS finishing set builds and getting things ready for the play that my daughter is acting in next weekend, but the shows were delayed for a week and we're closed out of the buildings this weekend due to the weather, so I'm now wide open for this weekend. And... I have no brewing ingredients (except a single Mr. B HME... but that doesn't count). I knew I should have stopped by All Seasons on Friday, but I didn't know for certain that the weekend was going to be a washout, and didn't want to have the ingredients sitting. So, now I'm stuck. No brewday. And I'll likely be booked up next weekend on set builds, and then the following weekend for the shows. Guess I'm shut out for brewing until mid-March now, unless I run out to Whole Foods and pick up a BBS one-gallon batch to mini-mash with the Mr. B extract.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

TonyKZ1 wrote:Hello, new brewer here.
I've got some American Ale brewing, it's been in the LBK a week now @ 64*F. I'm occasionally checking it out and it's bubbling away inside with foam on top and trub in the bottom. So it sounds likes it's fermenting fine. Next weekend I'm going to start a batch of American Porter in the other LBK that I've got. I'm looking forward to bottling the Ale in a couple more weeks and then some tasting it 4 weeks after that.
Tony
:bbwelc:

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Bottled a Rye P A. Sample smelled and tasted great. Should be a very refreshing session beer.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I bottled a weizen yesterday. I wasn't all that impressed with the sample I tried, and I just may not be a weizen fan. Anyway, I've got 20 bottles of the stuff, and maybe it'll condition to where I like it, or maybe I'll decide it's not so bad.

Today, I'm making a Rye IPA. I had originally developed the recipe as a 2.5 gallon batch, but decided to make it 5. Scaled it up and then realized it's too much grain and water to fit in my 5-gallon mash tun. So I'm going to take 4 pounds of grain and BIAB while I do the mash, then combine everything afterwards.

I also forgot to scale up the hops, so I'm substituting some leftover hops for the aroma and dry hop additions. Fortunately, I had some IPA-appropriate hops in the fridge.

So this will be a fun experience.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Schöenwald Schwarzbier
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

FedoraDave wrote:Today, I'm making a Rye IPA.
We are on the same wavelength. Two Rye P As on the same day.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Just made a starter of Wyeast 1968 London Ale for the Yazoo Gerst clone I'm brewing next Saturday.
Going to brew it at my LHBS while kinda sorta teaching a BIAB class. Yeah, don't have a clue of what I'll be doing or how I'll go about it, but thats never stopped me before. I offered to help out in the store so his wife could help steward at a local competition on the 28th and learn more about that process. I mentioned about brewing a beer while we were manning the store (he has only brewed kits and whats to expand his AG knowledge). Last we talked, he had 5 people sighed up.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Now that's very cool. Best of luck with it. Let me know how things went both with the beer and the teaching.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Cool deal, Jeff! I'm sure you'll do ok, let us know on the Gerst, it is on my list of things to do.
:clink:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Brewing "A Study in Scarlet" Scottish Ale. First time doing a 3 step mash. Smells great up in here!
Attachments
11018818_933556569990492_2680146071120030398_n.jpg
11018818_933556569990492_2680146071120030398_n.jpg (62.31 KiB) Viewed 1511 times