First Batch Success!

Yes BrewDemon and Mr. Beer kits are pretty darn easy but sometime you need a little help from the Borg to get you on the right track. Post your questions here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Easy Trotter

Re: First Batch Success!

Post by Easy Trotter »

Looks really good. I've heard a couple of people on here praise that pilsner. I'll have to put in on my list. Great job! Thanks for sharing.
napsternova

Post by napsternova »

The Evil Pilsner is a fantastic brew. There are a lot of comments telling me to keep brewing. Well, I actually just bottled a batch of Passion Fruit Hard Apple cider. I tested the specific gravity and alcohol content and let my wife drink the sample. She loves it! I actually made this batch for her so I'm glad she likes it. I got to sip some of the remaining brew out of the filling tube after bottling and, yeah, it's awesome! Very tasty.

And not to waste any time I just got done mixing up a batch of Hellfire Deep Red Ale. I think I'm getting the hang of it cause the process seems to be going a bit quicker.
Easy Trotter

Post by Easy Trotter »

napsternova, let us know how the Hellfire Red Ale comes out. I'll be trying a bottle of Dante's Delight Weizenbier this week.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

FYI: when you get comfortable and want to push your boundaries a bit, both the Evil Pils and the Hellfire Red are good beers to tinker with.

Steeping some 80L Crystal and adding a bit of Willamette hops does wonderful things to that red.

The pils is a good base to experiment with hops to see what they add.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Nice job! Congrats on a good-looking first batch. Seems like you're already well on your way to continuing this great obsession, and I can only echo the other comments telling you to stash a bottle in a dark corner somewhere and rediscover it in a couple months. You will be pleasantly surprised.

And even though it's been quite some time since I tasted my first homebrew, I can say with confidence that the first batch of beer that you made yourself may not be the best beer you'll ever taste, but it'll definitely be the most satisfying.

Brew on. Brew strong. Keep learning, and definitely ask questions of The Borg. You will be gobsmacked and have your hair blown back by the rapid response and all the helpful comments you get. We don't judge; we just help out.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Old Smokey Amber Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
100 Years War IPA -- Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
South Ferry Steam Beer