Coming Soon - Brewer Of The Month

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coming Soon - Brewer Of The Month

Post by LouieMacGoo »

Yes that is how I perceived how it worked.
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

John Sand wrote:I nominate BrewBirds! :)
I know nominations aren't open yet. But in the spirit of modern politics and future world Brewer of the Month awards, I'm standing by my choice.
:D
OOHH John they all know you have a huge crush on me. :rofl: :rofl:

I am, however going to try and start a grassroots organization to bring back our perennial second place favorite WingsFanInKC and see if we can get the man back into our foal. :banana:

Come back Wings we miss you. :banana:
Sibling Brewers
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

bpgreen wrote:As an aside, at the "official" Mr Beer forum, it seemed like the BOTM was often sort of a SI cover type of thing.

Somebody would get BOTM and just disappear.

I think that was often because the BOTM had "outgrown" Mr Beer brewing and was just hanging out for old times sake. That didn't seem to be the case at MBF and I think it's unlikely to be the case here since so many have moved on from kit brewing (even though it's our introduction).

Ok I guess having to ask chat room abbreviations is the first sign of getting old...So what does SI mean???
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

jimjohson wrote:
bpgreen wrote:As an aside, at the "official" Mr Beer forum, it seemed like the BOTM was often sort of a SI cover type of thing.

I think that was often because the BOTM had "outgrown" Mr Beer brewing and was just hanging out for old times sake. That didn't seem to be the case at MBF and I think it's unlikely to be the case here since so many have moved on from kit brewing (even though it's our introduction).

Ok I guess having to ask chat room abbreviations is the first sign of getting old...So what does SI mean???
Sports Illustrated. Old people remember a time when we didn't get web pages, but got stuff printed on paper instead. When it was printed on glossy paper, it was called a magazine. Sports Illustrated was one of these.
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

bpgreen wrote:
jimjohson wrote:

Sports Illustrated. Old people remember a time when we didn't get web pages, but got stuff printed on paper instead. When it was printed on glossy paper, it was called a magazine. Sports Illustrated was one of these.
Ah yes...paper...how quaint... :p

And just to expand on the SI cover thing a bit (which most of you may already know). It was considered a curse by some to make the cover, especially before a big game. I don't have any stats to back it up, but it sure seemed like teams would lose more often than not after they made the cover...
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Wikipedia info on this so called jinx or urban legend (believe what you will) here...

Sports Illustrated cover jinx

For your reading pleasure...

:cool: