Bud is so desperate

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Bud is so desperate

Post by RickBeer »

Yes, that was clearly the hobby they referred to, the consumers of beer, not the brewers.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I guess, but in the context of the commercial, it seemed different. Telling us they're not imported and they're not small compares them to other brewers, and that seemed to carry over into the hobby thing.

Even if they're snagging on beer aficionados who prefer to taste their beer rather than pound it back (or spray it around the room, as shown in the ad), it's pretty stupid. That's like McDonald's saying, "Don't savor a well-prepared gourmet meal! Scarf down our Value Meals instead!"
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
SomeGuyBrewing
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by SomeGuyBrewing »

I also saw it as a reference to homebrewing. For one, I've never seen or heard anybody refer to drinking craft beer as a hobby (maybe some people consider it one and thats ok) but, I drink lots of different craft beer but don't consider it a hobby of mine. However homebrewing is widely considered a hobby. One that has exploded in popularity alongside the rise of craft breweries (these guys all started somewhere). Also seeing as it is a commercial specifically taking swipes at a segment of the market (craft beer) that is cutting into Bud's profit margin I don't see it as a large leap to think Bud looks down on homebrewers, hey each homebrewer is one less person drinking Bud.
I see where if you consider drinking craft beer a hobby one can jump to that conclusion, I guess its just open to interpretation.
“Good things happen to those who hustle.” - Chuck Noll
See what SomeGuy is brewing
Drinking:
Drago - FES
Fool's Gold Pale Ale
Maple Apple Cider
Wheats The Deal With Hops?
The Blonde One

Bottled/Kegged/Conditioning:

Fermenting:
Honey Crisp IPA

On Deck:
Golden Stout, Recipe inspired by Aztec Brewery

Competitions:
The Blonde One - Silver Medal - Thirsty Classic 2016

Never Forget
Amber Alert, Drunkin Pumpkin 2013, Tryin' To Get A Nut - Brown Ale, Wheat You Talkin' Bout Willis?, Good Twin, Blacker the Berry the Sweeter the Porter, New World...Altbier, Smoked Sour(ish), Oh YEAAH!!! - Orange Wheat, Evil Twin, Hanger 12 - OITNB, The Gose & The Darkness, First Harvest, Ghost Pumpkin, Grapefruit IPA, Murphy Brown Porter, Thanksgiving Blonde
SomeGuyBrewing
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by SomeGuyBrewing »

“Good things happen to those who hustle.” - Chuck Noll
See what SomeGuy is brewing
Drinking:
Drago - FES
Fool's Gold Pale Ale
Maple Apple Cider
Wheats The Deal With Hops?
The Blonde One

Bottled/Kegged/Conditioning:

Fermenting:
Honey Crisp IPA

On Deck:
Golden Stout, Recipe inspired by Aztec Brewery

Competitions:
The Blonde One - Silver Medal - Thirsty Classic 2016

Never Forget
Amber Alert, Drunkin Pumpkin 2013, Tryin' To Get A Nut - Brown Ale, Wheat You Talkin' Bout Willis?, Good Twin, Blacker the Berry the Sweeter the Porter, New World...Altbier, Smoked Sour(ish), Oh YEAAH!!! - Orange Wheat, Evil Twin, Hanger 12 - OITNB, The Gose & The Darkness, First Harvest, Ghost Pumpkin, Grapefruit IPA, Murphy Brown Porter, Thanksgiving Blonde