Ancient Jim Beam

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Ancient Jim Beam

Post by berryman »

Hayzer wrote:If you are absolutely sure that it has been sealed from any outside air since 1970, I would give it a drink while reminiscing through some old photos of your dad. If air has had any possibility of gaining access to the liquor over the past 48 years,
Ya it is totally sealed so I am sure it would be good.
teutonic terror wrote: Anyway, I researched and learned that the whiskey gets no better or no worse once it's in
the bottle...in the barrel is different, it will change then.
In fact if I remember right, the bottle was more valuable without the whiskey.
This is what I find also.
FrozenInTime wrote:I'd sit back with my loved ones and sip a toast to mom and dad. I'd drink it but I drink alot of the hard stuff, Beam was my favorite for many years.
docpd wrote:Definitely drink it as you remember your parents.
My Mom is the one that bought it but not to drink, she just liked the looks of the decanter and was in the china cabinet all these years. My Dad drank a lot of beer and liked making homemade wine and cider, but hardly ever drank the hard stuff and about the same way I am too. It will get opened one of these days.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Hayzer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Hayzer »

berryman wrote:It will get opened one of these days.
Let me know how it turns out. I just snagged one from my dad's auction. My mother passed away a few years ago and he is downsizing. He cannot remember where it came from, so it has no significance to me other than the fun inside that ceramic goose. I'll try mine if you try yours ;)
Bent Knee Brewery - Brewed near the Poosey
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Hayzer wrote: I'll try mine if you try yours ;)
I think I might just drink it one of these days. I am not much of a hard liquor drinker, but a small glass full to sip on after waiting all these years would be fun, just working on if it is worth more un-opened and from what I can see either way it is not a real high dollar item, they made a lot of each series and people aren't collecting like they use too. $40 -50 I will drink it...... :shots:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison