Timeline

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Timeline

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote:
Kealia wrote:I'll add that I still do the occasional extract batch. The Berliner Weiss recipe I've been using is so quick and easy that I an knock it out quickly when I need to.
I also keep a 15-minute boil DME/Pale Ale recipe in my back pocket for the occasional quick brew day.
I'll just pipe in again and say that I'd do this too. I have only done it 1 time I think since I got the Mash & Boil, but I've still got no problems using extract in a pinch or for a quick Berliner or such.
I think I may have some 6 lb containers of LME in the freezer. I may do a quick extract batch one of these days, but since I got the M&B, I can set it up to be ready to mash when I wake up or even do an overnight mash, so it doesn't really take more time to do all grain.
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: Timeline

Post by teutonic terror »

Hard to believe it's been seven years since I started brewing...
Started in Feb of 2012 with a Mr. Beer kit I bought during a closeout on Woot...
my dental hygienist told me about how her husband and herself had a LHBS and talked me into a visit...
they now run a brewery next door to the store.
Well, being as I had always been a BMC consumer, I fell in love with craft beer in March of 2012
first one was a Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, when I poured it, a hop leaf came out of the bottle...
amazed me.

I moved from Mr Beer/extract to BIAB in June of 2012, mainly for economic reasons... kits were expensive.
Did a few BIAB beers then decided to just go all out AG, mash tun, 10 gal kettle, and propane burner.
SWMBO was happier, her house didn't smell like beer a couple of times a week! :p
Can't figure how many gallons I've brewed in this time, I know one year I believe it was around 200.

Started kegging three years ago, where does the time go...
when bottling got too time and space consuming.
At this moment, I have four full kegs, two out my three fermentors are full also.
Hopefully the third will get filled this weekend! :banana: