The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: The No Post Post

Post by FrozenInTime »

I can see a trip to Seattle comming up soon..... LOL My daughter wants us to come visit.....
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

That works
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Yankeedag wrote:Reble... we're gonna have to hook up once I get up there
Definitely!
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

I thnk the pacific North west is in trouble if all 3 of us get together...A Nong, A Reble, and a FIT

There is a joke in this somewhere... besides me :huh:

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
rickbray66
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by rickbray66 »

In a pretty good mood right now. Finally got to brew tonight after too long of an abstention.

Rick
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Rick, I know, right?

I had to shelve the brewing in late March when we put our house on the market and would have realtors and buyers roaming all through it for the next 3 months. After we moved into the new house, it took a long time to get things situated and then I didn't brew until 3-4 weeks ago.

What an awesome feeling. Except I had to look stuff up like rehydrating, etc that I had forgotten how to do in the interim. Wife was out of town and I started brewing at 11:30 am with a beer. By the time I was done cleaning up I was a little more drunk than I'd planned on being at that stage. Nothing a few hours of sleep didn't cure.
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

My wife and I are going camping here for 5 days. See you when we get back.
I'm bringing a 5 gal corny of my "poor man's ale" to get rid of it. It's ok, but I used baker's yeast, and it's ... eh. Don't want to serve it to guests, so this is a great time to blow it out. From now on, I'll only use baker's yeast in a real hoppy IPA or a stout, where you won't notice it so much. This is a pale ale.
Baker's yeast only saves you about $3 on a batch. But it's good to have in the fridge in case you run out of yeast, and like I say it works fine in a bitter stout or IPA. Just don't use it in a balanced or malty beer ... the flavor of it kind of takes over. It's like british style x 2.

Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Tabasco wrote:My wife and I are going camping here for 5 days. See you when we get back.
I'm bringing a 5 gal corny of my "poor man's ale" to get rid of it. It's ok, but I used baker's yeast, and it's ... eh. Don't want to serve it to guests, so this is a great time to blow it out. From now on, I'll only use baker's yeast in a real hoppy IPA or a stout, where you won't notice it so much. This is a pale ale.
Baker's yeast only saves you about $3 on a batch. But it's good to have in the fridge in case you run out of yeast, and like I say it works fine in a bitter stout or IPA. Just don't use it in a balanced or malty beer ... the flavor of it kind of takes over. It's like british style x 2.

Have fun on your trip. Why not just wash some "GOOD" yeast, and then you've got it for free.

Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Your making beer with bakers yeast and the vet is selling brewers yeast as a doggie nutritional supplement. What's the world coming to.
Sibling Brewers
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Just finished brewing a 5er of an American Ale. It was FD's recipe that while came out drinking good the first time, I missed some marks... Unfortunatly, afetr I crushed my grains, I found out they diddn't have my hops, so I had to make a change. I hit all my numbers, but the flavor will be a bit different. Looks like I have to make it a third time, just to get it right.....
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

mtsoxfan wrote:Just finished brewing a 5er of an American Ale. It was FD's recipe that while came out drinking good the first time, I missed some marks... Unfortunatly, afetr I crushed my grains, I found out they diddn't have my hops, so I had to make a change. I hit all my numbers, but the flavor will be a bit different. Looks like I have to make it a third time, just to get it right.....
:fedora: sometimes life's a real..be-autch. Suck it up buttercup and brew again. :lol:

Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Tabasco wrote:My wife and I are going camping here for 5 days. See you when we get back.

That map is a Billy Joel Song right there.

Well I'm on the Downeaster "Alexa"
And I'm cruising through Block Island Sound
I have charted a course to the Vineyard
But tonight I am Nantucket bound

We took on diesel back in Montauk yesterday
And left this morning from the bell in Gardiner's Bay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv3-phrnItU
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Dag,
it would only suck if the beer did, and the first was really good, and I think the second will be as well. Third times a charm for brewing like it was intended though...
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

News flash all y'all...beep beep ditty beep beep...

MidwestSupplies.com is selling the grain mills again... 7lb hopper...129.99 (I have that one) ... 15lbs hopper @ 149.99 (frack that.. use cardboard to build up the hopper for free).
they call them The Barley Crusher
Just get a electric drill, loose the crank handle, attach the drill when milling. You're golden. just set it over a bucket, an you are go for launch...or lunch.. heck, I don't know when you mill your grains.

Dayamz! they've a 10 gal (complete) mash tun at 1/2 the price I paid... only 119.99... I don't know if I should be happy for all y'all or pissed 'cus I paid so much for mine! :(

and not a bad price on the refactometer atc with brix & SG scale.

Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Yankeedag wrote:News flash all y'all...beep beep ditty beep beep...

MidwestSupplies.com is selling the grain mills again... 7lb hopper...129.99 (I have that one) ... 15lbs hopper @ 149.99 (frack that.. use cardboard to build up the hopper for free).
they call them The Barley Crusher
Just get a electric drill, loose the crank handle, attach the drill when milling. You're golden. just set it over a bucket, an you are go for launch...or lunch.. heck, I don't know when you mill your grains.

Dayamz! they've a 10 gal (complete) mash tun at 1/2 the price I paid... only 119.99... I don't know if I should be happy for all y'all or pissed 'cus I paid so much for mine! :(

and not a bad price on the refactometer atc with brix & SG scale.
Yankeedag,
Please desist in directing members of the forum to competitive websites.

Consider this a warning.

Oh, wait.

Wrong forum.

Never mind.

:opps:

Dag → :flame: ←Me :cool:
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence