The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

BlackDuck wrote:Looks awesome. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TY and am a do it your selfer and slower then I use to be. I did have a bunch of friends help pour the concrete and I am sure it cost me more in beer then I could have had a pro crew come in, but we made a all day party out of it, everything else I did myself and like it that way.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Outstanding Job
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer time now for the night.

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

That's awesome.

I just realized that I have brewed more 5 and 6 gallon batches of beer this year then 3 gallon batches.

This has never happened for like 20+ years.

It's just that the mash & boil is making it painless to do it, and I'm not worried about making bad beer with it because it never happens.

So... wow... or something.

I'm still not going to switch to big fermenters though, I like my little 3 gallon ones, they are easy to carry/move. Splitting the 5/6 gallon batches between 2 fermenters is easy, and since I pitch at high pitch rates most of the time, that just makes it really simple with dry yeast, one pack per fermenter and I'm good for pretty much anything I make most of the time.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote:That's awesome.

I just realized that I have brewed more 5 and 6 gallon batches of beer this year then 3 gallon batches.

It's just that the mash & boil is making it painless to do it, and I'm not worried about making bad beer with it because it never happens.

I'm still not going to switch to big fermenters though, I like my little 3 gallon ones, they are easy to carry/move. Splitting the 5/6 gallon batches between 2 fermenters is easy, and since I pitch at high pitch rates most of the time, that just makes it really simple with dry yeast, one pack per fermenter and I'm good for pretty much anything I make most of the time.
I also like making beer with the M&B, easy and comes out good. I have it down now I only have to lift my 5 gal, fermenter once and that is to put in the keg. The one I have now is not bad to lift being SS and has good handles on it.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote:That's awesome.

I haven't brewed in a long time. The last time I brewed, I was actually just helping my brother and nephew brew a 10 gallon batch on their new equipment. It was a doubled recipe of a 5 gallon batch that they made before with homegrown hops. I designed the recipe and they liked it so much that they decided to make it their main recipe. They're actually brewing to keep my mom's kegerator filled (although they take growlers home).

I work from home a lot, so I should do an overnight mash and start it boiling when I start my day. I'll only need to set a timer for the hops additions if I do a no chill.

I've been buying a lot of beer, which is more expensive than it used to be, since I now like better/more expensive beer than before I started brewing.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Farmhouse Brewing has big batches of hops available. Certainly enough to make BeerLord happy.

2019 Citra - 44lb and 2018 Simcoe or Ekuanot- 44lb (88lbs total) for $1364.
2019 Mosaic 44lb and 2018 Simcoe or Ekuanot - 44lb (88lbs total) for $1364
2019 Citra 44lb and 2018 Centennial - 44lb (88lb total) for $1232
2019 Mosaic 44lb and 2018 Centennial - 44lb (88lb total) for $1232
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Of course I got the same email and ordered a set of each for just under $5000 total.
I hate to turn down deals but I still have a ton of hops to go thru but I am diligently working on that the next few months. By then, almost all the 2019's will be out and will be watching for sales like a hawk!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

The barn addition is done as far as i am going to go this year, now back to making some beer.

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

You need to come to my house and help me with some projects that I'm NOT going to be doing! Great job. I bet you feel a great sense of accomplishment.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Daughter, Son-in-law and grandson are in the process of moving and had no place to keep their bearded dragon thing. My wife volunteered, so now we have one. It has to be kept in a narrow temp. range, Daughter says oh you have to turn heat lamp or the heat pad on but don't let it get to warm..... OK, my brewing ideas kicked in, lets put a inkbird on it so I don't have to be a retile baby sitter. See knowing how to brew can be helpful on other things too besides making and drinking beer.... :)
Edit: The thing is "kinda cool to watch.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

My daughter used to have one of those. If you handle them a lot they actually learn to like or at least tollerate being handled by humans... most lizards not so much a fan of it. They do have a more expressive personality it seems then most as well.

Do you ever hang out with the donkey and sip on a beer and have a conversation with it? Donkeys and humans go way back. Just like brewing and humans.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote:You need to come to my house and help me with some projects that I'm NOT going to be doing!
I would like to come down there and pound some nails and drink a few hopped up beers.....
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote:My daughter used to have one of those. If you handle them a lot they actually learn to like or at least tollerate being handled by humans... most lizards not so much a fan of it. They do .
Ya , that thing seems to like people attention and wants it.
mashani wrote: Do you ever hang out with the donkey and sip on a beer and have a conversation with it? Donkeys and humans go way back. Just like brewing and humans.
Yes All the time... don't tell anybody I do that :)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote: Do you ever hang out with the donkey and sip on a beer and have a conversation with it? Donkeys and humans go way back. Just like brewing and humans.
Yes All the time... don't tell anybody I do that :)[/quote]

I'd be doing it too.