What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Kealia »

RedBEERd wrote:Abita Macchiato Stout......actually not a bad beer....roasty.....
:lies:
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Georgetown Brewing Mannys Pale Ale
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Pretty sure i know what I'll be drinking tonight. This was in the fermenter during our tour and was released today. .. helles bock. Yum.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Malty, bready, a touch sweet. Light mouthfeel. Pale enough to see the Nashville skyline through it. Me likey...

Malt bill is Pilsner, Munich and Cara Helles. Hops used are German Perle, Hallertau and Hersbrucker.

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

An APA called Slow Ass Ale
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by DirtRacer »

Saint Arnold Stout.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Wasatch Poligemy Porter, Devastator Double Bock, Bobsled Nut Brown, Apricot Hefeweizen, Evolution Amber.

Squatters Wellied Irish Stout.

Uinta Cutthroat.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Roggenbier. Almost gone... :(
DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by DirtRacer »

Leinenkugel vanilla porter
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

My wife and I took a short weekend trip to the gulf coast of Mississippi to enjoy the weather and visit Crooked Letter Brewing, home of Mystery Romp.....a VERY ROASTY COFFEE PORTER, with great notes of vanilla and chocolate. we can only get it here in nawlins in keg and then, not steadily and sadly, since BMC drinkers don't like it, the kegs tend to get old before I can hit the pubs and finish them......so, since they're bottled now and not sold here in bottles yet, I went to Ocean Springs and brought some home, along with some Yazoo Hop Project.

Got to talk to the brewer of this fine Romp today at his brewery......seems Crooked Letter is the smallest brewery in MS but they still can't keep up with demand and decided since MS is seeing more and more of a demand, they may have to cut back here in New Orleans which may make me take more trips :)

Anyway, the Romp I tasted today at the brewery was just kegged last Tuesday and it was fresher than........well I won't go there but lets just say it was awesome.

I know Ron doesn't go over to the dark side and Chris isn't crazy for roasty beers so I had theirs while I was there today.....its a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the BORG.
Attachments
Weekendhaul (Small).jpg
Weekendhaul (Small).jpg (142.88 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Enjoying the wonderful weather and a Yazoo Pale Ale on the porch this evening. Strange to have such a nice day, yet there is still snow in some parts of the yard and it was 6 degrees just yesterday...

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

The dubbel I brewed a while back with some licorice in it.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Just got back from a family vacation in Utah skiing, while there tried beers from Uinta, Wasatch, and Squatters. Done this trip every frew years, but first time since home brewing and more aware of craft beer.

Findings:

Utah limits beer to 4% ABV which I knew from the past, unless it's sold in a state store or club/restaurant licensed to sell. We bought a Uinta mixed case when we arrived, I didn't care for any of them. Then we stopped at the Utah Brewer's Coop which makes and sells both Squatters and Wasatch. They had a few 8% brews, most were 4%. While the taste on some like their Polygamy Porter was good, the 4% ABV made it unsatisfying, I could really notice the difference. Even the few 8% brews we got from them weren't stellar.

What was really disappointing to learn was that a brewery cannot give samples from the tap, even on a tour of the brewery. While they can fill growlers, the samples come from bottles. And, you have to buy food as 70% of their income must come from food - so a party of four would have to spend like $8 each to get some food in order to then pay for some beer samples from bottles. We decided to focus on skiing instead and tasting brews each night.

First ski trip where both sons were over the legal age and consumed beer. We went through 2.25 cases in 7 evenings... :lol:
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

Had a few bombers of my Nashville Smashbomb Atomic earlier today......better than I thought it would still be by now.....I may do that one again, with a few tweaks on the late end....ie late hopping and dry hopping.

Finishing the night with a Green Flash Palate Wrecker. I must confess that a few years ago this was one of my top 3 beers but now it's just top 5 because frankly, I need more aroma up front....this is bittered very well..almost too bitter (I didn't just type that, did I?) but I just NEED that aroma to get my beer juices going. However, this is still a VERY fine beer.
Attachments
pw1 (Small).jpg
pw1 (Small).jpg (102.52 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Yazoo Hop Project 81. I forgot how lemony this one is. Sorachi Ace on the flavoring addition will do that...

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking: