Mr. Beer loyalty

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Mr. Beer loyalty

Post by Chuck N »

What are we all gonna do IF Mr. Beer fixes their forum?
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

I'll probably go back to find the old threads I favorited, copy the info I want, then come back here. Probably easier for me since I hadn't posted over there for a few months, but I won't be a regular over there again. This is my brewing home now.
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

Chuck N wrote:What are we all gonna do IF Mr. Beer fixes their forum?
Now that's a really good question. I've been trying not to think about that. It would be interesting to see if all or any of us could have the energy to share fully with both forums or if we'd have to spread ourselves too thin. Time will tell if they can return to normal, and if they do, where does that leave us. Great question. Would love to hear opinions on that.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

It wouldn't make a difference to me. They've already demonstrated their lack of empathy for their users.

I don't think it's going to happen, though. The whole vibe I get over there is one of disinterested arrogance. I think they're trying to develop a new customer base, which doesn't necessarily include people who contradict the "great beer in two weeks" line.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Old Smokey Amber Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
100 Years War IPA -- Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
South Ferry Steam Beer
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Yup...a really good questions. I don't think I would have the time to visit both. So....at this point, I would say that I would most likely stay here. I am pretty much doing 5 gallon AG recipes and don't really use any MB ingredients anymore. The only one's that I see myself using would be the seasonals. And they would have to improve those after the White IPA debacle. So I really think I would be better off here, where it's not so pointed to one brand.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

FedoraDave wrote: I don't think it's going to happen, though. The whole vibe I get over there is one of disinterested arrogance. I think they're trying to develop a new customer base, which doesn't necessarily include people who contradict the "great beer in two weeks" line.
Now THAT'S funny. :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
SnakefetusBrewing

Post by SnakefetusBrewing »

joechianti wrote:
FedoraDave wrote: I don't think it's going to happen, though. The whole vibe I get over there is one of disinterested arrogance. I think they're trying to develop a new customer base, which doesn't necessarily include people who contradict the "great beer in two weeks" line.
You know I definately have to agree with you on that one, I had some issues logging in with my old information, tried to fix the issue and recieved no help or anything other than "reset your password". This was also before I had even looked at how horrible the board had become and found this great place.
Beer is Good. Beers Are Better
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

SnakefetusBrewing wrote:
You know I definately have to agree with you on that one, I had some issues logging in with my old information, tried to fix the issue and recieved no help or anything other than "reset your password". This was also before I had even looked at how horrible the board had become and found this great place.[/quote]

Well, we're all wondering about that, and I don't suppose we'll ever know the whole truth about it all. I can't tell if it was just simple stupidity or an organized strategy. Either way, it's just plain sad. But here we are, our brewing family, moved out of one house and into another, for whatever reason, and all I know is we're all still together, and that is really good. :guzzle:
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

FedoraDave wrote:
It wouldn't make a difference to me. They've already demonstrated their lack of empathy for their users.

I don't think it's going to happen, though. The whole vibe I get over there is one of disinterested arrogance. I think they're trying to develop a new customer base, which doesn't necessarily include people who contradict the "great beer in two weeks" line.
I think I have to agree with Dave. But...How are we going to get new blood into this place? As it stands right now it's pretty close to the same crowd we had "over there". Not that there's anything wrong with that but how much can us old duffers teach us old duffers? This is just like any business; We either grow or die.
For long years.

― D.H. Lawrence
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

I guess we'll wind up helping the newbz of Brew Deamon....
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

Chuck N wrote:
FedoraDave wrote:

I think I have to agree with Dave. But...How are we going to get new blood into this place? As it stands right now it's pretty close to the same crowd we had "over there". Not that there's anything wrong with that but how much can us old duffers teach us old duffers? This is just like any business; We either grow or die.
Chuck, I'm not worried about that! People will find us thru Google Searches and other means. Also I think there is a fair amount of cross pollination with other beer forums such as HomeBrewTalk and others that will help bring people to the Borg. Also BrewDemon has a link to our site from their main pages so we should get some traffic from that as well!

The futures so bright I have to where shades! :cool:
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

LouieMacGoo wrote: Chuck, I'm not worried about that! People will find us thru Google Searches and other means. Also I think there is a fair amount of cross pollination with other beer forums such as HomeBrewTalk and others that will help bring people to the Borg. Also BrewDemon has a link to our site from their main pages so we should get some traffic from that as well!

The futures so bright I have to where shades! :cool:
Excellent!
For long years.

― D.H. Lawrence
TimeTraveler
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by TimeTraveler »

Taps for the old Mr. Beer BB.

Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.
jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jivex5k »

If Mr. B does end up fixing their forum I'll still be hanging out here.
It's better than the old forum, and the community is already here now.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Thank y'all for telling us about Brewdemon. I did not know this. Maybe I can get some English Nut Brown Ale ... it was better than any Browns I've made AG. Or maybe StickyWickett, an old fave.

Mr Beer has always been a supplier for me, but never an exclusive supplier for me. Someone's putting out their old stuff using their old contractors, I'm gonna damned well check it out.

An occasional HME is fun, too, folks. Although except for my browns (I'm too lazy to fine tune, heh heh) I like my AG's better.

:stout: :stout: :stout: